Holster for the new guy

Holster for the new guy

This is a discussion on Holster for the new guy within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone. I will have my permit by the end of December (hopefully) and will be carrying a S&W .40 Sigma. Would like to get ...

Holster for the new guy

Hello everyone. I will have my permit by the end of December (hopefully) and will be carrying a S&W .40 Sigma.

Would like to get some 'stick & rudder' on holster options. Inside the waistband for a LH shooter.

Hoping to hear from other LH shooters but all replies are welcomed and appreciated.

I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate thread, performed a search and came up empty.

Semper Fi!

VIP Member
    Look at the CrossBreed Supertuck, it's the best IWB holster out there.

PS welcome to the forum.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Ask 20 people and you'll get 20 opinions, I'm just another.

I can say that I have over 3 dozen from these folks... HOLSTERS ...never had a bad one yet.

If you want quality, economy, and quick delivery...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm a Minotaur MTAC man myself. Also being a Floridian, I'd like to say how comfortable it is even in the heat. I conceal every day with an untucked t-shirt and shorts.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I prefer kydex for IWB carry for a few reasons.

One, kydex doesn't absorb sweat like leather does, this is important here in AZ. Two, kydex tends to stay open when a weapon is deployed allowing for an easier re-holster. three, the sweat shield on most kydex IWB holsters allows for an easier re-holster as well.

My IWB holsters feature adjustable tension and cant. I prefer using hard loops over any clip for the stability.
    TheWeaponCompany.com
    Handcrafted Holsters and Carriers

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    I'm a Minotaur MTAC man myself. Also being a Floridian, I'd like to say how comfortable it is even in the heat. I conceal every day with an untucked t-shirt and shorts.
    +1 I carry a Glock 19 in mine. Very comfortable. Just remember a good belt is equally as important as a good holster.

I don't care for IWB , for OWB the best I have found is the Bianchi carryloc. Yes I have tried a lot of holsters in 14 years of CCing!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I have a few holsters for diffrent weapons and I have to reccommend Jeff at Boomstick Holsters. He is a nice guy, I had the chance to meet him on a trip to Missouri. He has built a few for me and he will work with you on anything you need. He is a little backlogged though, so you wiill have to wait for a quality piece of leather.
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

If you are serious about carrying a concealed pistol, check out Rocky at Pure Kustom. He makes the last holster you will ever wear. You can spend $400 on a bunch of crap holsters that will sit in a box, or $200 on one that meets every need. Your choice!

Semper Fi, Devil

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    Got an email back from them saying they don't make one for the S&W Sigma .40

I have full coverage for all my IWB and OWB holster for the 9/40VE.

I even have The Slide OWB LH in stock for $60 plus $6 shipping. Check out my site and let me know if you have questions.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by Magilla82ABN View Post
    I have a few holsters for diffrent weapons and I have to reccommend Jeff at Boomstick Holsters. He is a nice guy, I had the chance to meet him on a trip to Missouri. He has built a few for me and he will work with you on anything you need. He is a little backlogged though, so you wiill have to wait for a quality piece of leather.
    website seems to be down and no ph # only email.

Links