Supertuck wear marks...

This is a discussion on Supertuck wear marks... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone experiencing wear marks on their firearm from the CB ST? I am seeing some on my crimson trace laserguard after only a few draws. ...

Thread: Supertuck wear marks...

Supertuck wear marks...

Anyone experiencing wear marks on their firearm from the CB ST? I am seeing some on my crimson trace laserguard after only a few draws. Should I expect some on the firearm itself too?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I don't know about the SuperTuck, but this has happened with my MTAC from my P239. The included information with the holster flat out says to expect it. It's leather... and your gun will wear it as it breaks in. I'm sure it's the same with the SuperTuck.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I have noticed that the kydex part of the holster likes to mark up my Sig P229. I assume it's normal but if it's not I don't know what to do about it.

After a couple months, I have a little bit of wear/shininess on the trigger guard of my Glock 27 from where my Supertuck grabs onto it for retention. I have no problem with this. I also get these mysterious shiny metal steaks on the top of my slide that I cannot figure out how they are being caused. They wipe off though.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Quote Originally Posted by Biomortis View Post
    After a couple months, I have a little bit of wear/shininess on the trigger guard of my Glock 27 from where my Supertuck grabs onto it for retention. I have no problem with this. I also get these mysterious shiny metal steaks on the top of my slide that I cannot figure out how they are being caused. They wipe off though.
    I get these too. At first it looked really bad, I thought I was ruining the finish, but then I cleaned the gun and all of the streaks had wiped away

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Yeah, I get a little wear mark (bluing rubbed down) on the slide of my XD where it contacts the edge of the kydex. From what I read, this is typical of kydex hybrid holsters.

Just think of them as marks of love.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    its called holster wear...and its common on any gun thats been holstered and reholstered many times...in ads for used guns youll see it referenced (some holdster wear) and it is normal....the way to prevent it is to leave the gun in the safe...

Normal wear. Stainless is the only solution. It will still show wear, but can be polished.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I understand there will be wear... and for my carry guns it is no biggy. I guess I'm surprised that the inside of the plastic isn't lined with felt or something else that would reduce wear w/o affecting draw times, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JrFreak View Post
    I understand there will be wear... and for my carry guns it is no biggy. I guess I'm surprised that the inside of the plastic isn't lined with felt or something else that would reduce wear w/o affecting draw times, etc.
    Felt and suede used to be used as liners on leather holsters 20+ years ago, but was discontinued because they picked up and held dirt, scratching and marring gun finished far more than plain leather. There are a couple of makers that line Kydex with thin, smooth leather, but most don't.

IMHO, unless one unholsters/reholsters their gun a dozen times a day, it's a non-issue. Wiping down a gun with a silicone rag (not an oil rag) before holstering reduces the problem - as does a properly fitting holster!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

cosmetic marks on a gun don't bother me at all. All that matters is that the gun goes "Bang" when I need it to.

i bought a used gun so the holster marks were already there but i've been wearing a supertuck for a little over a week now with a glock 19 and have noticed a line going across the middle of the gun where the top of the kydex holster goes across the gun but so far it has wiped off everytime.

And this is why I don't carry high dollar guns. I don't really care what happens to my Glock as long as it still works. I'm rough on gear and know better than to spend big bucks on the fancy stuff. I carry a G19 in a supertuck, serpa, or a beltslide. I don't even look for marks, I just assume they will be there sooner or later.

I am not at all concerned about wear marks but I am intrigued by the metallic streaks left on my Glock that wipe off. I don't see anything on the interior of the kydex. I wonder if the polymer that kydex is made out of streaks greyish-silver like that.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Marks = Good Stuff

I use Snap-On tools daily. Guess what, they get marks on them.

My Glock has marks on it. I look at them and smile. It means it is always with me. Did you ever have a pair of shoes that were very tight? After you broke them in they became your favorite, good stuff Maynard. (reference to an old commercial. YouTube - Malt-O-Meal - "Good Stuff, Maynard!" (Commercial, 1983))

Links