Milt Sparks Executive Companion IWB

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks Executive Companion IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone tried this holster? What is your opinion? Has anyone compared this to the Brommeland Max Con III or V ? Thanks, Wade...

Thread: Milt Sparks Executive Companion IWB

Milt Sparks Executive Companion IWB

Has anyone tried this holster? What is your opinion? Has anyone compared this to the Brommeland Max Con III or V ?

Thanks,

Wade

2. Remove Ads

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    sorry,i do not have one of those, but i have the owb model for the 686 revolver, and the quality is absolutely perfect. they make very fine holsters, and worth the cost .
    God Bless
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

I have one. Love it. When I first got it, I lived in NJ and wore it to a match. My first reaction was to tell myself that I "MUST REMEMBER TO TAKE IT OFF BEFORE LEAVING!". This was with a full size 1911.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by wadeestes
    Has anyone tried this holster? What is your opinion? Has anyone compared this to the Brommeland Max Con III or V ?

Thanks,

Wade
    Hello Wade,...I have an Executive Companion for my USP and a BN55 for my Glock....I have worn these for about 8 years and have alot of respect for the Quality and Function. I just personally prefer Brommelands Max Con V for IAW. I will always wear both. Like they all say about "Custom" Holsters: There ain't nothin like em!!
    1. Dum spiramus tuebimur -"While we breath, we shall defend"

By the way, get a decent belt for it. The cheap one I have is stretching and it does get a little uncomfortable if it starts sliding down "gunslinger" style. It needs to be in position at the waist, not 2 inches down the hip.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I have three and they are my favorite IWB holsters. The extra leather skirt conforms to the body instead of digging in.

Jerry

The EC is very nice. I have used one daily for about 9 months now with a Colt Defender. I don't have one of Gary's holsters, but his was the only other one I considered for my short 1911. The end of the barrel was really bothering me with a VM2. I chose the EC over Gary's because the EC has the metal band for reholstering (I have since learned this is not such an issue with Gary's, as people have told me it's easy to reholster), and the color. Really needed natural color as the belt loop can be visible at times and wanted it to blend with my belt. I think either holster would be a great choice. For comfort, Gary's might well have the edge because it appears to have more leather to spread out the pressure of the handgun.

Wink I'm a gunslinger....

Quote Originally Posted by grnzbra
    By the way, get a decent belt for it. The cheap one I have is stretching and it does get a little uncomfortable if it starts sliding down "gunslinger" style. It needs to be in position at the waist, not 2 inches down the hip.
    LOL the reason my gun starts "slingin' low" has NOTHIN' to do with a cheap belt! Usually it has everything to do with my porky shape.

When you have to carry a 45 OWB & a sp mag holder and THEN you wind up tightening the belt so that it doesn't flop around and that has the effect of acting like squeezing a tube of toothpaste.

Now ain't THAT a picture? Anybody else has this feeling or am I alllll alone?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    LOL the reason my gun starts "slingin' low" has NOTHIN' to do with a cheap belt! Usually it has everything to do with my porky shape.

When you have to carry a 45 OWB & a sp mag holder and THEN you wind up tightening the belt so that it doesn't flop around and that has the effect of acting like squeezing a tube of toothpaste.

Im with ya buddy.

I noticed that with my M66. I actually wore my belt tighter than I had to with a fullsize 1911 IWB, seems like iwb doesn't need to be quite as tight to stay in place just as well. I ended up loosening my belt one notch and letting the holster droop just a bit (much like in Chris' Defender pic), it's only going so far and, for some reason, my legs feel better when they're able to get blood flow . I see several Def-Cons in my future now, just need to decide which gun to start with.

As far as the Sparks' ExC, I'm not familiar with that particular model but Tony and the guys do first rate work. I'd think the flange concept would be similar in effect to Gary's Max-Con V - avoiding pressure on the sciatic nerve.

I've owned Sparks leather in the past (Watch Six, D-4C and belt) and was well pleased with its quality and construction. Brommeland's designs suit my needs better and I find the gear a bit more comfortable to wear. Could be my build or the way I carry but that's why having choices is so great.

Find the maker that suits your needs and you're set for years! Sparks, Brommeland, K&D, Garrity, Del Fatti, Alessi, HBE ... it's a good time to be in the market for leather .

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier

AMEN BROTHER!!!!
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I don't own one of these but do own a Milt Sparks Watch Six IWB which is very similar. Love the quality, fit, and comfort...very slim design. Have also been impressed with the workmanship of the holster makers on this site (based on reviews and pictures) and plan to purchase one of the service grades with future pistol purchases.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I have a Milt Sparks VM-II for my 1911 commander. It is quite comfortable though sitting can be a challenge at times. I'm seriously considering a GB IWB for my XD-9sc this go-round.
    john

Links