New holster for my XD(M)

This is a discussion on New holster for my XD(M) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The timing is amazing: I received my license to carry last Wednesday, and my new holster arrived on Saturday. Started the process on both around ...

Thread: New holster for my XD(M)

New holster for my XD(M)

The timing is amazing: I received my license to carry last Wednesday, and my new holster arrived on Saturday. Started the process on both around the same time:

This was made for me by Nick Matthews (aka NM-Holsters). When I contacted him, he said he could do one for my XD(M), but later discovered he didn't have a mold for my pistol. So he gave me a significant discount, which was above and beyond in my opinion. He's working on a new design for the mag pouch, as this one sits too high and doesn't work very well, but he won't let me pay for the replacement he's making this week.

I'm very happy with the holster. I've worn it pretty much all day every day since I got it (except for Sunday morning when I was preaching and had my pistol in the SmartCarry). It is very comfortable, at least as comfortable as the OWB Tagua holster I have. Nick's turn-around is quite quick (2 weeks according to his site at the moment), so if you're looking for quality custom-made leather, check him out. He's been great to work with.

He said to them, "But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

- Luke 22:36 (ESV)

2. Remove Ads

Very nice looking professional made rig...and it sounds as if he has excellent customer service.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Nice rig!

Nice set up.

My wife was out of town when I took these, but she's back now, and I got her to get a couple of shots of the holster being worn:

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/IMGP1975.jpg
    He said to them, "But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

VIP Member
    Nice!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Very nice looking leather...you've certainly started out the correct way.
    Stay armed...now take a pistol SD course...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Stay armed...now take a pistol SD course...stay safe!
    I plan on doing all three of those, though the course for me may be down the road a bit. Right now I'm working on getting my wife into an introductory course.

Links