glock 26 & belt clip?

This is a discussion on glock 26 & belt clip? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hey guys are these belt clips a good idea or do they seem cool for a little while and eventually go back to a holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glock 26 & belt clip?

glock 26 & belt clip?

hey guys are these belt clips a good idea or do they seem cool for a little while and eventually go back to a holster of some kind? I really want a glock 26 for edu.
    S&W 442

2. Remove Ads

Based on my personal experience with the Glock 26 I recommend that you always carry it with the trigger covered. My experience with the Clipdraw is with a S & W Model 60 and I found that after awhile it would work loose from the belt so I removed it. FWIW
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Quote Originally Posted by dairycreek View Post
    Based on my personal experience with the Glock 26 I recommend that you always carry it with the trigger covered. My experience with the Clipdraw is with a S & W Model 60 and I found that after awhile it would work loose from the belt so I removed it. FWIW
    +1000

No clip draw for me on any Glock ND just begging to happen. FWIW.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Particularly with Glocks - love it or hate it, it's designed to go bang when you hit the trigger. If there was ever a weapon designed for a holster, this is it.

If you do go with the clip draw, I would at least get one of the trigger blocks too. You knock it out of the way before firing. The owner and a couple of range officers where I shoot carry like this. I've heard mixed reviews on the blocks though. Personally, I prefer a holster. Seems to work fine for them though.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I considered a Clipdraw gor my Glock, but not for long. The only safe way to use it is with an empty chamber. If you used a Safety-bloc, it could pop out un-noticed and "pow," You've been neutered! Forget the movie BG image; get a holster.

I've done Clipdraw and Barami Hip Grip, and aside from the safety issues already described, after a while you've got a gun digging into your hip. A holster is much more comfortable and safe. I have a Covert Carrier on my seecamp, but that is a "take out the garbage" or "stuck in dress pants" thing, I never use it unless necessary.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

I vote no.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

i carry a glock 26 and "HAD" the clip draw on it and took it off after a week of carrying like that its very uncomfortable!!! I went to a supertuck bout 2 weeks ago and that is by far the best carry rig i have found for any gun!! but like they say its diffrent for every one but me personaly id never use it agian and id sell it pretty cheap if ud like to try it
    glock 26- crossbreed ST
    SA micro compact 1911-crossbreed ST
    S&W m&p 9 crossbreed ST
    S&W bodygaurd 380
    S&W M&P15-eotech

A Glock without a holster (a belt clip?) is an accident looking for a place to happen.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Carrying your Glock in a decent holster would be your best idea. Personally, I don't think the belt clip thingy should have ever been invented, and I'm generally one to say options are good. In this instance..if I were you....forget about the clipit thingy.

That's a Plaxico waiting to happen.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I'm getting a Glock 26 from Santa and a supertuck from my wife. Merry Christmas to all..

i use the clip draw on my model 60. it is the best thing that i have got. never had a problem, stay where i put it. the same with the kel tec belt clip on the p3at and p11. no problems. so i got the belt clip and the safey-t for the clock 27. i have not use them yet. been using a galco inisde the pants holster at this time. when holster goes out then i will use it. nothing wrong with the clip draw, your pants works the same as the holster, it covers the trigger.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by JGglock View Post
    i carry a glock 26 and "HAD" the clip draw on it and took it off after a week of carrying like that its very uncomfortable!!! I went to a supertuck bout 2 weeks ago and that is by far the best carry rig i have found for any gun!! but like they say its diffrent for every one but me personaly id never use it agian and id sell it pretty cheap if ud like to try it
    I am a G26 owner, and IMHO Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe IWB Holster is the way to go. Very Comfortable! Whatever you decide always carry your Glock in some type of holster. We are human & accidents WILL happen.
    Don't Knock The HU$TLE! When all else fails, I have a HU$TLER's Ambition! When the economy goes to crap, I will maintain and u wont! The hunger I have to survive, and your inability to handle the struggles we have ahead is what seperates you & I!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links