FYI: Costco "Gun Belt"

This is a discussion on FYI: Costco "Gun Belt" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hope your adventures are better than mine with department store belts. I've had several that just don't hold up, I just picked up a 5.11 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FYI: Costco "Gun Belt"

Hope your adventures are better than mine with department store belts. I've had several that just don't hold up, I just picked up a 5.11 Tactical for dirt cheap from LA Tactical. From what I can tell most people have bad things to say about the finish but so far it's good enough and my dress style is pretty laid back, lets say jeans and T-shirt everyday. So if the belt shows wear but still is solid it's been a good buy for me. LA Tactical is still running pants with a free belt deals and it was a great buy so far.

Good luck!

Luke

2. Remove Ads

Well we'll find out. I ordered an Uncle Mikes PDA Style Black Holster. It's 6" L x 5" W x 1" D which is just right for my Mustang 5.5"L x 4"W x 1.12D. Now to see if it really does the thing.

Also ordered a Secure-It Handgun Storage Safe from Cabela's for $20. The idea is to keep it in the car so when we go to a grandchild's school play we can secure it there. It's many miles of country roads to get there which was my big deal for getting a CCW.

* OldVet: Yes they come in sizes well into the 40's. HYad to dig through lots of boxes to get to a 38", seems to be a popular size.

I'm not sure how that holster will work for ya, I don't have any experience with it but it sure sounds massive to pass off as a PDA case. Arguably one of the larger PDA phones made is the ppc6700 and it's only 4.25 x 2.30 x 1.00 inches that holster is 6x5x1 which just seems big to me. To each his own and if it works for you more power to you, but just my 2 cents:)

Luke

They call it a PDA case but I read someone say that it works great for the personal navigation devices also. I know I'll be asked what's in the case, but if I say a nav device they will want to see it. Of course looking at me I could say a portable defibrillator and they might not bat an eye.

When asked why I got a CCW permit I tell them I'm too old to run anymore.
    When asked if I think I could get my gun out in time to protect myself, I tell them I may have to start singing to entertain them while I draw.

Well I love the idea of a holster that will hide my gun in plain sight I just can't see this one working for me;) But I also wouldn't carry in a fanny pack and my dad does that quite often so to each his own:)

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I could of bought 12 1 1/2" belts all they needed was buckles at Tandy Leather last month for 59.95,but they will sag with a heavy gun over time,thats 5.00 ea + 2.00 buckle
    I purchase the belt blanks at Tandy, you have install Chicago screws, Belt Loop and cut the belt for the buckle tongue, 1-1/2 wide, 1/8 thick, and 60 inches long (cut to size). It is my everyday wrangler jeans belt. I just tool it myself.

MY luck with both a IWB and OWB pancake style holster carrying Colt Commander or a Glock 23 had been great so far ( 6 months). No belt problems yet, no sag, no stretch

I find I like the quality better then the embrossed belts as they seem to be heavier leather.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    I bought a belt at Cabela's that initially seemed to be a great gun belt. It was for a short time, but over the months it began to weaken/soften to where it was really poor at solidly supporting a holster.

Having just gotten my new belt from TT Gunleather, I'll not be seeing such a problem again!
    I picked up the "Double Duty" belt from Cabelas and couldn't be more pleased with it. It's double-thickness (2 layer), 1.5" wide, and hasn't started to sag despite it being my every day belt, with our without the XD40 4" in an MTAC on the hip.

Of course, YMMV

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links