G26, Suit Carry and a Restaurant(s)

This is a discussion on G26, Suit Carry and a Restaurant(s) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now that I have been promoted to AGM (and soon to be overseeing 2 restaurants in an operational manner...go me!!!)...IWB carry is annoying and uncomfortable. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G26, Suit Carry and a Restaurant(s)

G26, Suit Carry and a Restaurant(s)

Now that I have been promoted to AGM (and soon to be overseeing 2 restaurants in an operational manner...go me!!!)...IWB carry is annoying and uncomfortable. I wear a suit everyday now. I am looking for a nice OWB holster for my G26 (with extended mag).

Shoulder holster is not going to work...leaning over tables and the like will expose to guests...

I tried a Glaco leather holster (sorry, do not remember the model number), it rode to high.

Current IWB holster is the "Split Decision" IWB by High Noon Holsters (which I love btw!!!)...I need something that carries at the same level (height) on my waist as my current IWB holster.

Ideal holster - Black, Leather, Good price, rides at same height as current IWB holster, makes me look dead sexy.

Thanks all!!!
    Nick

2. Remove Ads

Desantis speed scabbard
    around fifty dollars

Check out post #24 in this thread. I'm going this direction for the OWB option for my G26. The ride height is perfect IMO for low profile OWB carry.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Check out post #24 in this thread. I'm going this direction for the OWB option for my G26. The ride height is perfect IMO for low profile OWB carry.

GBK
    Thanks, but that rides WAY to high. I will keep looking.

I carried my G19 in a Don Hume 721 OT for a while, before getting my Raven Concealment Phantom. No Complaints...Great Holster!

DON HUME 721OT (OPEN TOP) 36-1 GLOCK 26, 7, 33 BLACK RIGHT HAND Don Hume Double 9 OT H721OT Holster Right Hand Black 3.25" GLOCK 26, 27
    $32 + shipping

TTGunleather

Since you have now stepped up into the executive class (congrats BTW) you should step up to the TTGunleather. I would recommend the standard Pancake holster (sharkskin upgrade is only $20 and is SWEEEEET!). Very comfortable and upscale. The best in quality, customer service, style, and functionality.

Pancake holster

Quote Originally Posted by nkanofolives View Post
    Now that I have been promoted to AGM (and soon to be overseeing 2 restaurants in an operational manner...go me!!!)...IWB carry is annoying and uncomfortable. I wear a suit everyday now. I am looking for a nice OWB holster for my G26 (with extended mag).

Shoulder holster is not going to work...leaning over tables and the like will expose to guests...

I tried a Glaco leather holster (sorry, do not remember the model number), it rode to high.

Current IWB holster is the "Split Decision" IWB by High Noon Holsters (which I love btw!!!)...I need something that carries at the same level (height) on my waist as my current IWB holster.

Ideal holster - Black, Leather, Good price, rides at same height as current IWB holster, makes me look dead sexy.

Thanks all!!!
    Nick
    So what happens when you want to take off that suit jacket in the restaurant? You're looking for a low riding to medium OWB holster for a G26? A holster under a suit jacket making you "dead sexy"? In my opinion, investments in items other than holsters will likely get what you're looking for dollar for dollar. All in all, I think your asking for a tall order, but I'm sure it can be found. It's where the grip of the pistol is that often dictates holster drop from the belt and depth. We are talking about a G26 here, and the grip itself shouldn't be below the top of the belt line to my thinking. What you're looking for would likely be a custom build. And if you want "sexy", maybe something in shark skin or lizard? Good luck with it, and be sure to post when you've found that perfect holster for that perfect dinner date or luncheon. Dine in, or carry out?

For the ocassions that I wear a suit, I use this... FIST, INC.
    The picture makes the big gun and little guy look different then when I wear my Glock slightly off the spine and over my kidney. Palm out draw for easy retrieval, and it can't be seen when the coat is open...works for me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    I carried my G19 in a Don Hume 721 OT for a while, before getting my Raven Concealment Phantom. No Complaints...Great Holster!

DON HUME 721OT (OPEN TOP) 36-1 GLOCK 26, 7, 33 BLACK RIGHT HAND Don Hume Double 9 OT H721OT Holster Right Hand Black 3.25" GLOCK 26, 27
    $32 + shipping
    + 1

I carry my Glock 27 in a Hume H721 OT. Had it on yesterday in church under a sport coat.
    Proud NRA member

Galco Concealable
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Daily suit and tie guy here. FIST K4A w/velcro clip. I use this setup and it holds and conceals my G33 very well.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Sparks I-BAK or Axiom if you prefer a snap loop.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    + 1

I carry my Glock 27 in a Hume H721 OT. Had it on yesterday in church under a sport coat.
    Not trying to thread-jack, but church carry is legal in TN?
    (Or you may be an LEO... sorry if wasting bandwidth, but curious)

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGunGuy View Post
    Not trying to thread-jack, but church carry is legal in TN?
    (Or you may be an LEO... sorry if wasting bandwidth, but curious)
    Yes it's legal, I have a HCP, not LEO.
    Proud NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by nkanofolives View Post

Thanks all!!!
    Nick
    I have used a Galco FLETCH holster for years never had a problem with it riding high. I have also used there Combat Master and Avenger Belt holsters. Found them to be just what I needed. Yet I am 6'1" so I do not have a problem finding a holster to use.

Are you tall and long waisted or short and short waisted? The reason I ask is my brother has the same problem with when he uses one of my holsters. He is tall but has a short torso yet long legs. He is kind of goofy looking. But he is blood so I try to help him.

Have you thought about using a VM2 so you can tuck in your shirt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links