Sorry...another supertuck question

This is a discussion on Sorry...another supertuck question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know the Crossbreed Supertuck has been discussed around here a million times after doing some searches. However, I can't seem to find the answer ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry...another supertuck question

I know the Crossbreed Supertuck has been discussed around here a million times after doing some searches. However, I can't seem to find the answer to a couple of my questions.

I received the holster in the mail yesterday and let me first say that I really like the design and quality of the holster. Gun fits perfectly and retention is good.

My questions stem from my size. I'm really skinny (5'10" & 135 lbs) and since I'm pretty "boney" around the waist the holster doesn't conform to me very well. I assume this will improve as the holster gets broke in. Are there any guys or gals out there that are really skinny like me that can offer any advice. I'm basically wondering where you wear it on your body and which holes you use for the cant.

After trying it on it seems to work the best somewhere around 4:30 to 5:00 because it sticks out like a sore thumb at 3:00. However, when I bend over or squat the butt of the gun prints terribly. Anyway, any advice from someone my size would be appreciated very much.

VIP Member
    I'm not exactly your size, (6' 210) but I chose to carry at 4:30 - 5:00 also. It disappears there, and is comfortable.

The holster took about 7 - 10 days to break in for me, and really conform to my body. Give it a little time.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Also play with the cant and ride adjustments, sometimes one hole up or down makes the difference.

I'm 5' 11" and 200lbs, wear the Supertuck at 3-3:30 and it hides well there.
    The holster will conform right to your shape after about a week or so. I wore mine all day, every day (and every day since) for the 1st 7-10 days and it broke in nicely. Try moving the holster forward (directly under your shoulder) and cant it forward to bring the butt of the gun more in line with your body.
    I have found that tends to improve CC'ing. Really though, with everything that people carry these days nobody's going to notice a little something protruding from the back of your shirt.

I agree with the above. That's how I ended up carrying. canted forward and 3:30-4:00. Give it a week, rub it down with some sadlle soap, and it will start feeling good.

Thanks guys. I know it will probably feel a lot different after I've worn it for a while. It just seemed really awkward when I first put it on and I was contributing that to my body being so skinny. Hopefully that won't be a problem after I've broken it in.

I'll try and play around with the cant and try to get the gun leaning forward some more and see if that takes care of the printing issue.

Appreciate the info!

Also, get some good leather conditioner and work the leather a bit and that will help it to conform.

Had mine since late October and I can say that it is incredibly comfortable with a Sig P6 tucked in! I wear mine at 3:30 - 4:00 and I had to increase the cant one hole forward. It made all the difference.

Good luck!
    --- Sig 245, P6, 224
    --- Kahr PM9

Ditto on all the above. Give it time, and it will fit like a glove. I'm 6' 260 lbs, and my full size Glock 21SF practically disappears. I raised the clips enough to put about a 30 degree forward cant on the rig, and the top of the kydex rests right at the top seam of the waist of my jeans, and I carry at about 4:00. As for bending, I think any holster will print. With our new found lifestyle, we have to train ourselves to do some common things differently. I no longer bend over. Instead, I squat down fairly straight-backed (not too rigor mortise like) to get stuff from the floor or bottom shelf. Not a bad habit to get into anyway, it's better for your back.

I am 6' 160 jbs and i carry a glock 30 at 3:30 with a 20-25 degree forward cant. It took a week or so to conform but i have no problem concealing with a light t-shirt now.

I have had the Supetuck for 3 weeks. It is becoming more comfortable but I still can't find the perfect position and perfect hole setup. I moved mine back to stock (both 2nd holes from bottom) and wear mine at 4 o'clock. I just can't help but wonder if I can find a more comfortable position??

I'm not as skinny...but not big either. 5'9 185..34"waist. I wear mine at 3:30 - 4 most of the time. I have a pretty agressive forward cant and use the top hole on the front clip and 2 down on the back. I find that this helps with both comfort and concealability. Also, by setting it up this way it is more below the beltline than the stock setup which I think keeps the butt from protruding. I think your observation of it sticking out like a sore thumb at 3 is likely due to the fact that you can feel it and are looking for it.

I generally avoid 3:00 because I felt the same way. However, last night I was heading to a business event with my wife. I put my supertuck on at 3 and tucked my shirt over. I then commented to my wife...."I feel like there's an SUV parked under my belt...it is so obvious that something is tucked under my shirt." She, without hesitation, said that she couldn't even tell it was there and that even if she was looking hard for a gun it would be hard to identify. My point being...it's generally not as obvious to others as it is to you. Play around with it and stay away from spandex shirts.

Update...I was at home yesterday afternoon and got to wear the holster from about 2:00 to 10:00 last night.

Everyone was right in that the forward cant really helps. For now I have the front clip in the highest setting and 3 down on the back. I may experiment with the back on 2 down but it already feels a lot better.

Also, even after just one day it has already started to conform a little bit. I assume this will only get better.

I'm wearing it with the back clip right beside the center belt loop in the back and the front clip is about 3:00 which puts the gun about 4:30. Feels good there and only prints when I bend over from the waist, which I need to get out of the habit of doing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by golfnutcasey View Post
    Update...I was at home yesterday afternoon and got to wear the holster from about 2:00 to 10:00 last night.

Everyone was right in that the forward cant really helps. For now I have the front clip in the highest setting and 3 down on the back. I may experiment with the back on 2 down but it already feels a lot better.

Also, even after just one day it has already started to conform a little bit. I assume this will only get better.

I'm wearing it with the back clip right beside the center belt loop in the back and the front clip is about 3:00 which puts the gun about 4:30. Feels good there and only prints when I bend over from the waist, which I need to get out of the habit of doing anyway.
    Wouldn't this be a "backwards" cant, or am I envisioning this wrong???
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Sounds right to me...

Having the front clip at the highest spot on the holster is going to drop the forward-most side of the holster lower on the belt line. Similarly, having the rear-most clip at a lower hole will pull that side of the holster higher on the belt -- hence, a forward cant.
    Don't do stupid things, don't go to stupid places, don't hang out with stupid people...

tseabourn is right. The gun definitely has a forward cant with this setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links