High Noon holsters and kudos to another site sponsor!

This is a discussion on High Noon holsters and kudos to another site sponsor! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In an attempt to make a long story short, I'm giving it a go. Ever since my wife has obtained her permit, she's been carrying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Noon holsters and kudos to another site sponsor!

High Noon holsters and kudos to another site sponsor!

In an attempt to make a long story short, I'm giving it a go. Ever since my wife has obtained her permit, she's been carrying my G27 IWB using my holsters, and has done well, or doesn't complain much even when asked about how well they work for her and the baby Glock. I've been searching for her a perfect holster, and she will be carrying the G26 after Christmas,and I'll get my G27 back. I won't mention the holsters of mine she's been through, but there are four total that she tried and never complained until prodded. Some of them were made for the compact Glocks and not the sub-compact specifically, but they worked for a time. With all that experience in my mind, I searched for the best holster for her, and checked out High Noon holsters as I've heard good experience with them through the forum members. So I gave it a shot on a basic package that I thought she'd love with all of the previous trials in mind. What we came up with is the High Noon Bare Asset holster for her G26/27. Might know that I had been hunting around for looks and function and fit in the medium price range so I could feel confident in her carry and I could get my holsters back. The High Noon bare asset has ended up being just the ticket. She's told me every day since it arrived just how much she likes it. Darned near my dream come true, as I'll keep her satisfied any way I can and then some. Hard to believe a $25 leather holster would complete my world, but it has. I'm a firm believer in supporting some of our site sponsors, but I have on several occasions, and this deserves special mention. I've had plenty of previous experience with holsters myself, but choosing one of the best for someone else was kinda risky. But my decision on the perfect holster for my wife ended up being the best with the High Noon holster. Almost hard to believe actually. I can't say enough, and hopefully my wife will post her own experience with the High Noon Bare Asset for the benefit of the other ladies out there who CC on a daily basis. I think the quality and workmanship is unparalleled for the price. I'm seriously thinking about their Hidden Ally holster for myself.....once I get my wife that G26 and I get my G27 back! High Noon holsters can count themselves among my best resources now. Excellent holsters, excellent prices! Thank you Alex and team!
    BTW...this holster works fine for the G26/27 with CTC lasergrip!

2. Remove Ads

pax
    You won't be disappointed with the quality, that's for sure -- High Noon holsters are top-notch.

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

I run a Bare Asset when carrying IWB, great holster, have some problems at the range or what not, because it will try to collapse once you draw, but when you need it that really does not matter until after the situation has ended.
    My Guns:
    Taurus PT 145 Pro .45 ACP
    Taurus 24/7 Pro C .9mm
    Glock 26 .9mm
    Diamonback DB380 .380 ACP

Bare assets are what i started out carrying with and they worked well for the money. i switched to owb carry now for more comfort. If only they made a OWB holster for my security six i'd probably get one :)

Ron
    I have looked at their OWB holsters, but it appears to me that when you tighten your belt they will collapse and you will be unable to reholster with one hand. If, so that won't work for me.

I would love to know from someone who has one whether that is correct.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Give us a report when it comes in, be interested to hear what you and your wife think.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i have one of their tail gunners that i carry a full size 1911 in and it is as comfortable as all getout...they build a beautiful holster...

Good stuff as far as I'm concerned...

bosco

Another satisfied customer here. I carry my Glock 36 in a Public Secret, and my Glock 26 in either a Down Under or a Bare Asset. When not pocket carrying, I use a Mr. Softy for my Rohrbaugh.

As a general observation, the Bare Asset series rides higher than I care for. I get a much better result using a Bare Asset designed for a Glock 36 when carrying my 26; it seems to ride perfectly.

High Noon has great prices and great customer service, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I have looked at their OWB holsters, but it appears to me that when you tighten your belt they will collapse and you will be unable to reholster with one hand. If, so that won't work for me.

I would love to know from someone who has one whether that is correct.
    They are molded exactly to the gun and are made with thick leather. After being wet molded, the leather is so compressed it becomes rock hard. We have never heard of them collapsing, they do not do that, its nearly impossible. You will get some flex to the holster depending on how tight you wear your belt, but that does not stop reholstering with one hand. The only complaint we get is that they are too hard and people want to oil them, a big mistake. Our holster need nothing aftre they leave here. They will semi soften (break in) with time but will never get soft or collapse.

PS: If there are any questions just email us at the site we are glad to help.

Take care
    Justin
    Hope that helps
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

I can agree with you, I wear my belt pretty tight, and for a IWB (Bare Asset) it does collapse alittle, could I re-holster with one hand probably, it is very much easier to use two hands or to take it off, holster and clip it back in...yes.

Again this is for the model that I own, I love it and am by no means putting the product down. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
    My Guns:
    Taurus PT 145 Pro .45 ACP
    Taurus 24/7 Pro C .9mm
    Glock 26 .9mm
    Diamonback DB380 .380 ACP

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    They are molded exactly to the gun and are made with thick leather. After being wet molded, the leather is so compressed it becomes rock hard. We have never heard of them collapsing, they do not do that, its nearly impossible. You will get some flex to the holster depending on how tight you wear your belt, but that does not stop reholstering with one hand. The only complaint we get is that they are too hard and people want to oil them, a big mistake. Our holster need nothing aftre they leave here. They will semi soften (break in) with time but will never get soft or collapse.

PS: If there are any questions just email us at the site we are glad to help.

Take care
    Justin
    Hope that helps
    Well Justin you sold me . . . I just ordered a Mr. Softy for my Sig 239.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

We were speaking about OWB being molded right to the gun. The one you ordered was designed to be as thin and as comfortable as possible. When you go that thin with the leather it will collapse. I was speaking about something like this for one handed reholster. Slide Guard

This here is what Ram Rod the orginal poster got Bare Asset

These here are in the same family.

Mr Softy

Split Decision

Hidden Ally

Justin
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    We were speaking about OWB being molded right to the gun. The one you ordered was designed to be as thin and as comfortable as possible. When you go that thin with the leather it will collapse. I was speaking about something like this for one handed reholster. Slide Guard

This here is what Ram Rod the orginal poster got Bare Asset

These here are in the same family.

Mr Softy

Split Decision

Hidden Ally

Justin
    Not to worry . . . I knew exactly what you all were talking about. I have been considering the purchase of a Mr. Softy for sometime. Reading your discussion simply prompted me call up your site and pull the trigger. I'm just giving myself an early Christmas present.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    High Noon is currently my favorite holster company. Just to give a point of reference, I also have a Milt Sparks VMII, a Crossbreed SuperTuck, and I used to have a Brommeland MaxCon V.

I recently bought a High Noon Public Secret (clip model) and it's every bit as good as the others mentioned with better pricing and availability.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links