Side Guard Snap Mag & Light Holder

This is a discussion on Side Guard Snap Mag & Light Holder within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a SurefireE2D LED Defender flashlight almost all the time. Usually it is in my left rear pocket. Over time I have noticed that ...

Thread: Side Guard Snap Mag & Light Holder

Side Guard Snap Mag & Light Holder

I carry a SurefireE2D LED Defender flashlight almost all the time. Usually it is in my left rear pocket. Over time I have noticed that the crenellated bezel was gouging my mag carrier. I considered several solutions. Buying a new flashlight was out since I like the E2D. Replacing the bezel was out because it was one of the things I really like about the E2D. Clipping the flashlight to my belt didn't work because a gun belt is just too thick for the clip. Buying a carrier for the light seemed to be the best solution so I went looking for one.

I checked a number of websites and during my searches I found the Side Guard Holsters accessories page. As I scrolled down I saw the Mag & Light Holder and then further down the Snap Double Mag Holder. I don't like slide on the belt items because there always seems to be a belt loop in the wrong place and to take it off requires taking the belt at least part way off. I liked the idea of the snap holder, but there wasn't one listed for the mag and light. So I emailed Erik and asked if it would be possible for him to make a Snap Mag & Light Holder. He replied that it was possible. We emailed back and forth about specifics and the order was placed.

Today in the mail there came a package from Side Guard Holsters. Inside was my Mag & Light Holder. Below are some photos of the holder and the holder in use. The holder is nicely made, it fits the light and mag very well and is adjustable for tension. It snaps on the belt tightly and rights great. Best of all the bezel of the flashlight no longer rubs my mag carrier. As an additional bonus that I hadn't thougt of until I put it on today - the clip and the tailcap on the flashlight no longer rub the pockets of my pants (something I'm sure my wife will appreciate more than I do).

Thanks, Erik.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Nice rig!!

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Nice. I recently got snap combination mag/flashlight holders for my 1911 Compact, and my Kahr P9 from TT. Tim did a very excellent job.
    One difference is that I have the mag first as I figure if I need one in a hurry it will be the mag, and I will have plenty of time for the E2E.

Regards,
    Jerry

VIP Member
    That's the first carrier I've seen for that light... I like that the bezel can't dig in to the love handles too!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thanks for the business.

That combo mag/light is what I use every day with my M&P40c mag with a G2 light. I use the light much more than the mag so it is in front.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Links