Cc & kilts

This is a discussion on Cc & kilts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As many of you know, I wear a Kilt & carry DAILY. Although there have been some Great discussions on "HOW" on this forum, I ...

Thread: Cc & kilts

Cc & kilts

As many of you know, I wear a Kilt & carry DAILY.

Although there have been some Great discussions on "HOW" on this forum, I would like to offer this Idea.
    I Know the Man who makes these & know the Quality ( He is also a DoD LEO @ a "restricted site in the S Pacific )

( this is NOT an AD, but for Info )

The Tactical War Kilt | Gun Blog

Puffer

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    OK. Please don't take this the wrong way. This is an honest question. Don't those things get.... well.... um.... drafty? I see you are in WA and kilts have been worn in cold climates for centuries. You obviously get snow and cold and rain (it is Washington after all), how does a kilt-wearer cope?
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by puffer View Post
    As many of you know, I wear a Kilt & carry DAILY.

Although there have been some Great discussions on "HOW" on this forum, I would like to offer this Idea.

Puffer
    I could probably figure out "how", but my question would be "why".

VIP Member
    Frankly I’m not sure what the question is, but if has to do with concealment, I think the War Kilt provides better options than with pants.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    OK. Please don't take this the wrong way. This is an honest question. Don't those things get.... well.... um.... drafty? I see you are in WA and kilts have been worn in cold climates for centuries. You obviously get snow and cold and rain (it is Washington after all), how does a kilt-wearer cope?
    No OFFENSE TAKEN

In "reality" I have worn my Kilt often in sub freezing weather, & been actually "warmer"than if I had been wearing pants. If "properly done" the only "problem you will have is your KNEES ( In my case, They turn blue & match my kilt. ) If you wish to email me for "more" PLEASE DO.

BTW, in that pic I am Carrying my 1911 ( OC )
    Puffer

Senior Moderator
    Yo Puffer..

Does that kilt pattern reflect your family lineage? Just wondering. I know that different clans had different patterns.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Yo Puffer..

Does that kilt pattern reflect your family lineage? Just wondering. I know that different clans had different patterns.
    PM SENT

Puffer

In "reality" I have worn my Kilt often in sub freezing weather, & been actually "warmer"than if I had been wearing pants. If "properly done" the only "problem you will have is your KNEES ( In my case, They turn blue & match my kilt. ) If you wish to email me for "more" PLEASE DO.
    I'm not a daily kilt wearer, but I wear them more often than most and I have to agree. A good kilt combined with wool kilt hose is quite warm on a winters day.

DC Founder
    I dunno, maybe it's just me but the less I see of other men's legs the better I am....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

A good pocket holster will work just fine in the typical sporran, as well as in the pocket of a Utilikilt.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Frankly I’m not sure what the question is, but if has to do with concealment, I think the War Kilt provides better options than with pants.
    For what?

No offense to anyone, but I don't do kilts. It must be one of those things you have to 'grow' into...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    A good pocket holster will work just fine in the typical sporran, as well as in the pocket of a Utilikilt.
    Perhaps, Although I 'seldom carry in my sporran, even the 2 that are semi-design for that ( Access ) Although I several friends that do carry, as you said, in their Unikilts.

These Kilts are Designed for CC. & custom made for your req.s (check out His site)
    A Fellow "kiltie" Who is an Inst. for a FED SWAT School, just got his. ( off duty wear) It has a built in holster for on the Rt. for full size Sig. ( convertible for a smaller gun ) It also has, a pocket for a BUG & also another for mags.

I have seen it & his "gear" is well concealed.

Puffer

Always wear a sporrans

A kilt without a sporrans is not decent.
    They serve a real purpose.

Or carry a really big gun inside your pipes.

In my youth I need a knee length kilt, but now...
    The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

Links