Comp-Tac holsters?

Comp-Tac holsters?

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thoughts? Is kydex comfortable to wear IWB? I'm looking at the 2 O'Clock holster for my Sp101 with a 3" barrel. anyone have any experience ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comp-Tac holsters?

Comp-Tac holsters?

Thoughts? Is kydex comfortable to wear IWB? I'm looking at the 2 O'Clock holster for my Sp101 with a 3" barrel. anyone have any experience with these holsters? I like the look but not sure how comfortable kydex will be.

Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - Two O'Clock
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Kydex is an excellent material for holsters and not too bad IWB. It does however wear on your finish. The Comp-tac holsters are excellent quality. Maybe look at this.

Silent Thunder Kydex/Leather <b>IWB</b> or this...
    Untitled Document
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

If it wears the finish why is it a great material for holsters?
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Comp-tac's minotaur IWB are hybrid leather/kydex. the leather is against your body making them more comfy. I have a minotaur and a c-tac, they both work great, but the minotaur is more comfortable for all day carry.

I e-mailed comp-tac and they don't have many holsters that will fir revolvers. The 2 O'clock is one that does fit the SP101 so that's why it was one of my choices. Never carried at 2 O'clock but seems like it would be comfortable.

I use a C-Tac from comp-tac and have had excellent results. Kydex is fine for gun finishes as long as it's done right and Comp-Tac does it right.

Any holster will buff a guns finish if you're practicing like you should.

You can as mentioned above, go with a hybrid from Comp-Tac that is both leather and kydex.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    Because all holsters will wear the finish of a handgun! That is an unavoidable fact of handgun carry life. What really produces wear on a handgun is accumulated dirt in a holster. Keeping a holster clean and free of dirt will materially assist in reducing finish wear on your handgun. Pure kydex (not kydex-leather hybrids) can be easily kept clean by putting it in the top of a dishwasher and voila! the holster is clean. So, Kydex is a great material for holsters.

Leather is just not as easy to keep clean and exerts its own kind of finish wear.

As to comfort while wearing kydex let me address the OP in which the 2 O'Clock Carry was mentioned. Had one for about a year now and use it to carry a 2", hammerless, Ruger SP-101 and find it to be exceedingly comfortable. I do, in fact, carry it at 2 O'Clock on a good gun belt and it works very well indeed.

GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Quote Originally Posted by dairycreek View Post
    Because all holsters will wear the finish of a handgun! That is an unavoidable fact of handgun carry life. What really produces wear on a handgun is accumulated dirt in a holster. Keeping a holster clean and free of dirt will materially assist in reducing finish wear on your handgun. Pure kydex (not kydex-leather hybrids) can be easily kept clean by putting it in the top of a dishwasher and voila! the holster is clean. So, Kydex is a great material for holsters.

Leather is just not as easy to keep clean and exerts its own kind of finish wear.

As to comfort while wearing kydes let me address the OP in which the 2 O'Clock Carry was mentioned. Had one for about a year now and use it to carry a 2", hammerless, Ruger SP-101 and find it to be exceedingly comfortable. I do, in fact, carry it at 2 O'Clock on a good gun belt and it works very well indeed.

Just don't use the dry cycle, use the air dry cycle. Some of the dish washer dry cycles will turn your kydex into pop art.

Thx Dairycreek, I think that's what I'm going to get. Worth a try for $60

Here is another thumbs up for Comp-Tac. I've owned and used their products and they are top quality.

I carry my G27 almost daily at 2:00 with this C-Tac - No problems.

G27 C-Tac.jpg
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    It is generally more low maintenance, durable in some ways and believed to be much quicker on the draw. Some folks dont care about the finish at it is a carry gun, and a tool like any thing else. Like others have said it can be washed with soap and water.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I love the comp-tac IWB, i use them for my glock 22 and 1911. i personall find it alot better that any leather holster. it holds shape once the weapon is drawn for easier re-holstering. i couldnt be happier with the design, material, and ease of use from the holsters
    Glock 22, full size 1911, M4, mossberg 500 cruiser

vex
    I use an Infidel with my XDsc and I'm pretty happy with it. I've never tried an IWB leather holster though, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Another Comp-Tac fan. I use a MTAC Neutral Cant for my Kahr P9 in the appendix position. Very comfortable. I have a 2 O'clock for my Kel-Tec .380 also.

I've got a MTAC for my Springfield 1911 also.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links