My new Pure Kustom

My new Pure Kustom

This is a discussion on My new Pure Kustom within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For Christmas I decided to get a new rig for my dad and his S&W 637 and while I was at it, I decided to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My new Pure Kustom

For Christmas I decided to get a new rig for my dad and his S&W 637 and while I was at it, I decided to get one for my colt. I have never owned a Pure Kustom and from all the banter (mostly the bad. Can they really be that bad?) I decided to give them a shot.

Final they arrived. The packaging was great except for the packing peanuts....Oh how I HATE packing peanuts! But the therapist is helping me with that so on to the rest of the story. The fit and finish is exceptional but way too tight on the Colt and a few hours in the recommended bag helped with that. They are the most adjustable holsters I have seen and they are really comfortable. I am a big guy 6'4" and 250 so finding anything that fits the way it should is hard and these fit the curve of my hip just right. I am excited to have them and after using them for a while I will give you the rest of my opinion if you want it.
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    Nice score!!

I'm on the list for one of Rocky's works of art for my EDC.

What was the turnaround time?
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Turnaround was fast 7 days. He had to build the one for the S&W. He called me to say that he was sorry for the delay and that he would have had it to me sooner but in my opinion 7 days for something hand made is plenty fast.

Nice leather grouping...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Congrats on the new leather!
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow7rr View Post
    For Christmas I decided to get a new rig for my dad and his S&W 637 and while I was at it, I decided to get one for my colt. I have never owned a Pure Kustom and from all the banter (mostly the bad. Can they really be that bad?) I decided to give them a shot.

Final they arrived. The packaging was great except for the packing peanuts....Oh how I HATE packing peanuts! But the therapist is helping me with that so on to the rest of the story. The fit and finish is exceptional but way too tight on the Colt and a few hours in the recommended bag helped with that. They are the most adjustable holsters I have seen and they are really comfortable. I am a big guy 6'4" and 250 so finding anything that fits the way it should is hard and these fit the curve of my hip just right. I am excited to have them and after using them for a while I will give you the rest of my opinion if you want it.
    Thanks for the review Yellow7rr, Glade you like them.

Ummm, I figured out the peanuts problem. Helicopter business+ packing peanuts =

I would have to admit, It would be pretty funny to watch!!!

Please do remember to leave the (banter) guy a liitle note. Funny how the guys that talk smack are the ones that don't own any of my holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow7rr View Post
    Turnaround was fast 7 days. He had to build the one for the S&W. He called me to say that he was sorry for the delay and that he would have had it to me sooner but in my opinion 7 days for something hand made is plenty fast.

Oh and just so I don't get LYNCHED!!!. Your holsters were assembled already. Just not dyed yet. Turn around time is 6 to 8 weeks on standard gun holsters.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Oh and just so I don't get LYNCHED!!!. Your holsters were assembled already. Just not dyed yet. Turn around time is 6 to 8 weeks on standard gun holsters.
    Thanks for that Rocky, I'll cancel my order from "Ropes 'R Us".
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Thanks for the review Yellow7rr, Glade you like them.

Ummm, I figured out the peanuts problem. Helicopter business+ packing peanuts =

I would have to admit, It would be pretty funny to watch!!!

Please do remember to leave the (banter) guy a liitle note. Funny how the guys that talk smack are the ones that don't own any of my holsters.

Yea blades+peanuts = one verry fustrated man
    And I should have mentioned they were almost done but look at the bright side I hear that hemp necklaces are in this year

Administrator
    Nice!
    The only way it can end up right is to start out a bit too tight. <~~~I'm a poet and don't even know it.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Don't cancel the order, I've got a custom order coming. Might need it sent my way.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JCAz View Post
    Don't cancel the order, I've got a custom order coming. Might need it sent my way.

Don't you guys no better than to poke the bear? I remember when I use to do tattoo's and the guy getting ink USE to talk smack.

VIP Member
    Don't you guys no better than to poke the bear? I remember when I use to do tattoo's and the guy getting ink USE to talk smack.
    Don't know about poke, but how about

Just kidding Rocky, actually

Quote Originally Posted by JCAz View Post
    Do you want that holster in pink, to go with your pink AR....Just saying...........

VIP Member
    Dang... I really need to find a job so I can buy a Pure Kustom!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links