How big is your holster box? - Page 2

How big is your holster box?

This is a discussion on How big is your holster box? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My holster box is 20" x 30" x 20". It's actually a wooden blanket chest. It has close to 60 holsters in it and all ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How big is your holster box?

VIP Member
    My holster box is 20" x 30" x 20". It's actually a wooden blanket chest. It has close to 60 holsters in it and all are for guns I have in my safe. There are a few custom made duty holsters in there that have some sentimental value, so I'll never part with those and there's some tactical gear in there too...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

10 for my G23, 2 for my P228, and 3 for my J-frame. I actually have been lucky and like all of my holsters for different reasons. They all have very distinct purposes. Some I use more than others, but still necessary in certain circumstances. I guess my box is about normal size, but not as unsuccessful.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Timeout y'all: I'm a dirty old man and I just had to start laughing when I saw the title of this post. Let me leave it at that.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Holster box? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I have two drawers in my chest of drawers and a laundry basket full of stuff that either didnt work for me or that I dont have a weapon to fit anymore. One of these days I need to do another sale, lol.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

My holster box is where I used to be able park my Harley Davidson. There was alot of trial, error and holsters that just didn't make the cut while I learned this holster business. Even now, one gets rejected now and again. Theres alot of chew toys for the neighborhood dogs in that box.
    Randy

I've really cleaned up my holster act as of late. I now have only two that are not in use. A SERPA for my M&P and a Minimalist for my G27. Kept in my safe with other stuff.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Except for my main ones, mine are all in a big drawer. Lately I've been curtailing my holster buying madness though. I got out of hand there for a while.

I have a drawer in a small dresser in my 'lil walk-in closet that 'houses' my holsters. All of my holsters get used at one point or another........a few of my holsters have specific, speciality applications, but they all have a purpose.

I only have two handguns that I carry and about 7 holsters for 'em. I'll be getting more after tax time.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Since I discovered Ebay and what people will pay, I have thinned down my holster box considerably.
    I have at least one holster for each gun I carry and for some I have several (Kydex for competition, IWB and OWB for different situations)but I don't have any that don't get used at least sometimes.

--
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

One gun - two holsters. A pocket holster and a SmartCarry. Use the SmartCarry 99% of the time the other 1%. No holsters I don't use - therefore no holster box.

I research a lot before I buy, and really think a lot about how and how much I may use something before I put out the bucks.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    1,930 sqf.

I once spent about 100 dollars on Passport holsters. I got one shoulder rig for a 4 inch revolver with twin speedloader pouches, one IWB/OWB snubby holster, and an ankle rig.

I walked off the store thinking that they were suspiciously cheap, and my suspicions turned out to be correct... They now sit in a drawer.

I also have a pretty well crafted leather strongside OWB for a full size pistol, which I very rarely wear because its actually not very concealable.

VIP Member
    Well Pax, my holster box is actually a duffel bag and it's full!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

i got a foot locker full, but i been this this for mango seasons.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links