How big is your holster box? - Page 3

How big is your holster box?

This is a discussion on How big is your holster box? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My holster collection consists of three holsters I use for my Para Ordnance Warthog, a Galco MX7 Matrix, Tucker HF1 and AKJ Concealco, one OWB ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My holster collection consists of three holsters I use for my Para Ordnance Warthog, a Galco MX7 Matrix, Tucker HF1 and AKJ Concealco, one OWB and a bellyband for my Walther ppk/s when I can't carry my Warthog for some reason. I have one nylon holster I put the Warthog in when I place it on my headboard at night. I have a nylon shoulder holster, cheap and sucks, dont use it and a kydex/leather IWB that just didn't work on my body.

Along with the HF1 I have a matching Tucker belt and dual magazine pouch. I use a comptac dual mag carrier when using the Galco matrix and a comptac belt with that combo.

I hope to eventually have a Tucker set in black cherry with the cross cut pattern and sometimes I drool over a Merinkle carry set in stingray.

I have my top chest of drawers dedicated to my socks that have somehow lost their mate , and an array of holsters.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Before I started to give them to friends - Bigger than a breadbox... Nuff said, not even going there
    NOW - I have 3 holsters dedicated to 1 CW my EDC and 2 holsters dedicated to 1 other CW that I carry when I want something in the 9mm flavor.

~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Thanks to a lot of reading and research here on DC and other forums, I bought a Supertuck for CCW and a Serpa for OC and range use for each of my pistols (3). I also bought one to hold my G22 with an Insight M6X tac light, so I have 7 holsters and use all of them. No holster box. I feel bad about that.

I don't have a holster box per se. More like a dresser drawer full of holsters. Mine and my wife's holsters, daily carry, optional wear, and competition only holsters and magazine carriers. The drawer is full. Plastic and leather. That drawer is also the belt drawer. I guess we can just call it the carry drawer....everything about carrying can be found there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    1,930 sqf.

Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

I once read on a forum that you will collect many holsters until you find the right ones for you're everyday needs. Well that person was correct. I have 4 now for my XD 40 sub and sold a few. Its like an addiction. I now prefer my blackhawk serpa or my new Galco Silouette. Nice thing now is these will fit other XD models.

Sadly it is growing regularly. It just did, TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I have 2 boxes. Need to put some adds on Craigs List also. I also added one today (waiting on UPS)
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Last count it was 18. I have a few that I use on a regular basis. All of my holsters I got at a real good deal. I change around with the season. Some are for spring, summer carry and others for winter carry. I too have done the ebay thing and got rid of some of the holsters for guns I no longer own.
    "Rhino"

6 Milt Sparks VM2's.

1 Milt Sparks Watch Six.

1 Alessi CQC-S.

2 Glock Sport/Combat.

1 Comptac Paddle.

(none that don't have pistols/revolvers to fit 'em)

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    This is about half of the holsters I own. I have a lot of handguns so I need a lot of holsters. Usually a IWB and OWB for each.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I, like many of you, have thinned my holster ranks considerably. I have a Falco Shoulder Holster for my Glock 22. Kirkpatrick Leather Texas Strong Side for both my Glock 22 and M&P 40, TT gunleather IWB for my Glock 27, and a Safariland ALS for my G22 and G27
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

How big is your holster box?

1st one is the best holster i have ever bought. i use it every day.
    2nd one i returned
    3 one i bought about 10 years ago. i wont buy another one like it.
    4th one got returned
    5th one i sold to a pawn shop for 15 bucks.
    6th one i still have and use it when i work in the yard. it don't conceal very well.
    the last one i got from the sportsman's guide. it sits in the drawer because i haven't found a better use for it.
    i recently bought an ankle holster from the sportsmans guide and wore it all night at work(11hrs) and it didn't bother me or move out of place.
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

One drawer, full to capacity.

Leather and Kydex both have crawled there to die a quiet and ignominous death. I weep for the holsters that will likely never again see the light of day, nor feel the joy of use on my belt.

Yes, I have holsters for guns I no longer have, but intend to purchase again some day.

Sometimes you just need the money...
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links