How big is your holster box?

This is a discussion on How big is your holster box? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rumor has it that every person who carries a gun has a box of spare holsters -- some rejects, some battered and worn out, some ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Rumor has it that every person who carries a gun has a box of spare holsters -- some rejects, some battered and worn out, some that just didn't work out in one way or another, and some for firearms they don't even own.

What's in it?

Which of your holster rejects makes you feel the most guilty when you stumble across it -- and why?

Do you own a holster for a firearm you no longer have? Or for one you've never had?

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I only have 1 carry pistol at the time. I had 6 holsters for it at the peak, and have sold off 1, so I'm down to 5 now. I use my VMII for IWB carry untucked, the CTAC for IWB tucked, the SERPA for the range or hunting, and the thigh holster every once in a while for hunting, and also for my M9 on deployments. My shoulder holster is too cheap to use.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

VIP Member
    My box is 5 or 6 holsters smaller since sending them to you for your drive!

I sell them on craigslist when I no longer have a need for them. So I try to keep it pretty low. Right now I have a shoulder rig and 2 holsters for pistols I don't own.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

I stared gettin' crazy with the holsters. I now only use my Pure Kustom, sold the rest. I've got a couple more PK's on order, but I'll keep it to one holster per gun. Holsters can be just as addicting as guns.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I have 3 holsters for my CCW and a few for my revolvers.

I also have a duty holster for my 4506
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I only have 4, I guess I'm lacking.

I primarily use the SuperTuck, but I have a Desantis I use when I am putting my handgun in the gear bag (to cover the trigger) or the door fo the car.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    Rumor has it that every person who carries a gun has a box of spare holsters -- some rejects, some battered and worn out, some that just didn't work out in one way or another, and some for firearms they don't even own.

What's in it?

Which of your holster rejects makes you feel the most guilty when you stumble across it -- and why?

Do you own a holster for a firearm you no longer have? Or for one you've never had?

pax
    Last time I stopped counting I was over 50

I have holsters that I've gotten with guns I've purchased, and just have them still.

Have Uncle Mikes nylon, Fobus, about 10 Blackhawk Serpas for some reason.

Holster I carry in the most VM-II, when I work as a Range Officer part time I open carry so I use a Saifarland ALS. IF I eat a big dinner and the VM-II is getting a little snug, I keep a GALCO Side snap close by.

My Comp holster is a Comp-Tac belt holster.

My biggest regret is the Comp-Tac OWB leather snap on holster, forgot the name. I have a a Galco Jack Ass that I really like but dont' like shoulder rigs, thats a really Nice Shoulder holster but I don't like shoulder carry. The Comp Tac Infidel was a very bad decesion as well.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

If TwinCarry shows up in this thread...

Every holster has a designated gun, I have no rejects.I knew what I wanted when I bought each one. I have a total of 5 holsters and 3 rifle scabards.

VIP Member
    Hi Kathy,
    Yes, I use to have a complete graveyard of ‘seemed like a good idea at the time’ type of holsters. Fortunately, I was able to sell all but one rejects. The one I really feel guilty about is a shoulder style option for the j-frame. Unfortunately, I wasn’t aware that it presented an exposed trigger. As such, I don’t care for it, and I can’t in good conscience sell it or give it to anyone else. Anyway, we all know that selling used holsters is like selling used furniture. You typically take a huge beating

More to say... Now that I finally settled on just one platform and format, I have since minimized the rejects.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I have a Redman Chewing Tobacco case full of what seemed at the time to be good ideas.

NOT YET! However, I have started buying form-fitting better leather holsters for a few good guns that deserve them...and then taking said guns to the range inside a big bag! Not daring or caring to wear them hidden within a holster or displaying them for all to see. Why hide a pretty leather holster? It would be low-class and tacky to carry or wear my brand-new big heavy shiny Beretta-knockoff Taurus PT-92 inside cloth or plastic, not that I would show it off to those those envious jealous gun gals and guys who scoff at my proudly showing off such a big pretty shiny stainless-steel pistol.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I'm abnormal I guess, I only have one holster and it's on my hip at the moment. I think between luck and doing a fair amount of reading online I ended up with a Crossbreed Supertuck that fits/wears great.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

At Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife Show, my gun buddies and I always go to the man at the used-holster, leather and surplus table, and then root through his stuff. I have found just the right old holsters for some of my guns, taking them home and polishing them up. Some of these Cold War surplus holsters are sensible but cover guns and magazines against the elements.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links