HBE Belt Arrived

This is a discussion on HBE Belt Arrived within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought I would post up a quick review of the HBE Belt I just received. I purchased it for my father to be his ...

Thread: HBE Belt Arrived

HBE Belt Arrived

I thought I would post up a quick review of the HBE Belt I just received.

I purchased it for my father to be his first gun belt (he is retiring to VA in the coming months and has been asking me for CCW advice). My first choice was going to be RafterS as that is who made my gun belt and its truly a piece of art. Though, as I watched that company fall into a state of disrepair, I decided it would be a terrible idea to use them.

Instead I thought of Eric (as he supplies me with all of my holsters now) and crossed my fingers that he made belts as well...turns out he does! I told him my dilemma and that I was hoping to give it to my father for Xmas (I ordered on 12/8). Eric graciously said he would be willing to rush my order and for that I couldn't be more grateful.

The belt arrived today and looks excellent. Its not quite as fancy as my RafterS belt (the HBE is single stitch, not double), but boy it is stiff. The MAJOR positive I noticed is that the overall belt thickness is much less than that of my RafterS which means there won't ever be a situation where the belt is too chunky to fit through belt loops (which is the case with some of my khakis and Rafter S belt). This does not refer to the width, as both are 1.5" belts.

I just wanted to throw this review out there as people are often looking for a new belt maker...I can now comfortably say that all of Eric's leather products are top notch!
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Your Dad should really like it...What a great gift you thought of...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    Your Dad should really like it...What a great gift you thought of...
    Thanks...I thought so too.

I tried to nail down which of his collection he intended to carry but he had no idea...so the holster idea was out.
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

kpw
    Nice choice for your dad. I've got a shark belt from Eric. It's a beautiful belt. A little thinner than some of my other belts but more than stiff enough and it fits all my holster slots. The keep is closer to the buckle so it doesn't interfere with my belt loop like some do. I want a couple more, maybe a croc belt? Nate at UBG makes them in similar fashion. I've got a couple of his too.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

All of Eric's products are outstanding, and he's a great guy to do business with.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Links