IWB - Clips or Loops ? ? What do you prefer ?

This is a discussion on IWB - Clips or Loops ? ? What do you prefer ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks to all those that responded to my previous post. Hopefully this is my last question about my new possible holster. I was curious what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB - Clips or Loops ? ? What do you prefer ?

IWB - Clips or Loops ? ? What do you prefer ?

Thanks to all those that responded to my previous post. Hopefully this is my last question about my new possible holster.

I was curious what everyone prefers on their IWB holster. Do you like to use clips or loops to connect it. Please let me know what you use and also WHY !

It looks to me that using clips might be able to get it to ride a little lower than loops ? ? Am I crazy ?

Thank you and once again I appreciate all the responses. Take care and God Bless !

2. Remove Ads

Clips. I don't always wear a belt. Clips are adjustable.

I always wear a belt so belt loops are is guaranteed holster retention when the gun is drawn. I make both
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I always wear a belt. I have both clips and loop IWB holsters. Each for a different occasion. Only difference I see is that my clip type holsters give more adjustment on the go. In the decision of clip vs loop type holsters, one should also toss single or double into the equation IMO. Double clip or loop holsters seem to be more steady and solid, keeping their position throughout activities. Single clip or loop holsters can have a mind of their own sometimes depending.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    I always wear a belt so belt loops are is guaranteed holster retention when the gun is drawn. I make both
    I agree with this. Clips do have their place though so it just depends on your dress.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

I prefer clips as long as they are good and secure. I always wear a belt and all my IWB holsters have clips. They give me more options in my opinion, I can take the holster off quickly if I decide to or completely change the position without removing my belt. I also do the same with mag pouches for the same reason, and sometimes when I'm driving long trips or something I will actually leave my .45 in holster in the center console(Class A RV) and drop it in my pants before I get out to get fuel or something of the sort.

Oh and I prefer the look of clips for some reason.

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Velcro clips 90% of the time.

Loops for me.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i own a double loop high noon and several single clip don hume holsters...mixed feelings...

the double loop is great as the loops are spaced out in front of and behind the holster (similar to the clips on a ctac) so they dont add any thickness to the gun in the holster...the setup is very stable and i dont have to worry about the position changing...

on the other hand...

the single clip holsters allow me to change the angle of the setup depending on the situation...when sitting in the car or walking i can pivot the setup to a more desireable angle...on and off is a quick procedure...

with both the draw and reholster is very easy and stable...

good luck...and clear out a drawer..no matter how much homework you do there may always be something you wish was different...

I have both and they work equally well. I do believe that the leather loops will draw less curiosity especially if they are the same color as the belt.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I lost my cell phone because a clip rode off my belt, so loops only for me.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Clips for me!
    I am new to CC (4 months) so holster style, clip or loop, etc,etc are still in progress. At the moment I perfer and 2 position and I favor clip style . I feel this style, position, are in line with my lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I lost my cell phone because a clip rode off my belt, so loops only for me.
    I just wanted to say it depends allot on the type of clips they are by no means all created equal. I've never had a cell phone case that had a clip strong enough that I would use it on a holster. On the other hand I wouldn't use holster clips on a cell phone because they would be really irritating quickly because they are stiff and harder to remove.

Either way most of the clips used by holster makers are stiff, not all but most.

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

I have used both and prefer clips. Mush easier on and off. Also something small I can use with just sweat pants around the house.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Tried a variety of clips, and every one eventually had a "draw the holster" effect.

Loops only for me (although my rear loop is more of a half loop or hook, can't come off without removing my belt).
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links