Pocket Carry? Check out "thumb push" for holsters

This is a discussion on Pocket Carry? Check out "thumb push" for holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Many good holsters out there for pocket carry. Many look the same with quality leather or kydex and wings for pocket security. Do yourself a ...

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar

Many good holsters out there for pocket carry. Many look the same with quality leather or kydex and wings for pocket security. Do yourself a favor and prompt computer for "thumb push" holsters and check out dynamics of same. As you draw, your thumb pushes against the holster body giving a quick draw and a stability to the holster in your pocket. It works. Just a suggestion.

First thing you will loose in a SD situation is loss of fine motor skills. I prefer the Nemisis or Mika holsters that simply stay in the pocket with no "push " required. That is why I don't recommend a formed leather holster for pocket carry. YMMV
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I'm in the keep it simple and have it stay in your pocket camp. The less I have to do, the quicker I will be. The less I have to remember, the safer I will be.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

VIP Member
    I use Mika Pocket Holsters... no need to push at all.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    I like my nemisis pocket hol. for my P11

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man: brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
    Mark Twain
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

NO computer prompt, just look here... Pocket Holster (w/thumb push)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks for the info, but Mika for me.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    I bought a FIST K5 coated w/ultrasuede that also has a thumb push. I like the thumb push and the ultrasuede helps the holster stick in my pocket better than bare kydex.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    It certainly depends on the kind of pocket you are carrying in. I am retired, live in SC and tend to always wear leisure-type workout pants that are loose with larger pockets; certainly not tight-fitting jeans. Nemesis, Mikes, Mika have their sticky surfaces but still just slide around--they do not come out of pocket but give the sense that they are coming out as you draw. The thumb push is nothing but a natural spot for your thumb that does wonders for holding the holster down into the pocket--it is not something that is unusual or an unneccesary movement toward removal of your firearm. Obviously the choice of a holster is a personal thing and another suggestion is that when you do decide on a holster, and if it is purchased via a picture and/or a comment by a poster, be sure they have a return policy--you and you alone must feel the confidence of the holster in practice and not just from a picture or a comment---I just find the movement of the holster as I draw to be unacceptable and the thumb push eliminates that feeling--at least to me. Lets hope for each of us, regardless of the holster, that this discussion is purely academic and never has to be proven for real.

Links