New FIST pocket holster for Kahr PM9 with CT Laser

This is a discussion on New FIST pocket holster for Kahr PM9 with CT Laser within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got it yesterday, carried it last night. Great fit and function. My first Kydex holster. I like this much better than the Desantis Nemesis ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New FIST pocket holster for Kahr PM9 with CT Laser

New FIST pocket holster for Kahr PM9 with CT Laser

Just got it yesterday, carried it last night. Great fit and function. My first Kydex holster. I like this much better than the Desantis Nemesis I bought for the Kahr before I put the CT laser on it. It is thinner and with the thumb push off, it is easy to use in a wide variety of pocket types. Wearing jeans, there was no printing.

Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on finding out about Fist's pocket holster with the 'thumb push'...you'll love it.
    Actually, I went from the #5 kydex to the #5 leather for some of my pocket weapons...the leather works just fine, too.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Is that for left handed? Seems like the thumb has to cross over for a righty.

I'm a lefty

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    I carry my PM9 (no CT) in a FIST K5 also. Excellent pocket holster you have there.

Where do you carryyour spare mag? I haven't picked up a CT for my PM9 yet as my current pocket holster also holds my extra mag. Steyr I believe. But I would really prefer to add a CT laser.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Y'all: Absolutely agree with comments. Cannot recall if it is this forum or the USA Carry forum that I wrote a thread on thumb push holsters for mouseguns (I have a Kel tec P3AT). Everyone talks about the small Mikes-type pocket holster but I like to wear a lot of leisure-type pants with big pockets and not tight fitting jeans. I always feel as if the Mikes-type is going to come out of my pocket--it probably will not but its movement makes me think that way. When I saw the design of the FIST thumb push, I took my Mikes and glued a series of rubber pieces to the top side of the Mikes and wallah I had a thumb push that gives me the confidence in the design. I have ordered the "real" thumb push from FIST and am in the 2nd week of wait. Glad to hear that I am not the only one who sees the tremendous benefits to a thumb push--it just makes obvious sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by treebark View Post
    Where do you carryyour spare mag? I haven't picked up a CT for my PM9 yet as my current pocket holster also holds my extra mag. Steyr I believe. But I would really prefer to add a CT laser.
    I carry my spare mag on my weak side, usually front pocket in a mag pouch. Too much shifting things around in your hands if you need to get to that spare mag if it's on your strong side. Let your free hand grab the mag and keep a hold of your firearm.

I tried carrying my spare mag in a weak side IWB holder but it kept poking me in the ribs, so I have gone back to carrying it in my back pocket. I have been thinking of trying one of the horizontal mag holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    I carry my spare mag on my weak side, usually front pocket in a mag pouch. Too much shifting things around in your hands if you need to get to that spare mag if it's on your strong side. Let your free hand grab the mag and keep a hold of your firearm.
    Yeah that makes sense but negates all the practicing I have been doing!! Lol.

Ordered a FIST to check it out. Now to find a mag holder/pouch for left pocket that won't damage the iPhone I slip in there too.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Not trying to be "cute" and I understand that many of you discuss "spare mags" but I find it very hard to believe (yes I understand "what if" and the boy scout motto and a pack of armed perps) that in a CCW confrontation, you will ever discharge enough cartridges to require a spare mag. I believe (and I stand corrected if wrong) that statistics show certainly less than 4 shots in an exchange. Not trying to criticize just bringing up a point that if the mag business is a problem worthy of discussion, perhaps not bringing it up eliminates the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Not trying to be "cute" and I understand that many of you discuss "spare mags" but I find it very hard to believe (yes I understand "what if" and the boy scout motto and a pack of armed perps) that in a CCW confrontation, you will ever discharge enough cartridges to require a spare mag. I believe (and I stand corrected if wrong) that statistics show certainly less than 4 shots in an exchange. Not trying to criticize just bringing up a point that if the mag business is a problem worthy of discussion, perhaps not bringing it up eliminates the problem.
    Yep, I hope I only need one, if any, but what are you going to do if you get a jam and have to clear your one mag?

Administrator
    A spare mag isn't necessarily for the spare ammo.

We all understand the statistics, that part is common knowledge. I thought how to clear an malfunction in an auto loader was too.

Anyhoo, I've been poking around for a new pocket holster for my PM9; the FIST looks like a viable option.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by treebark View Post
    Yeah that makes sense but negates all the practicing I have been doing!! Lol.

Ordered a FIST to check it out. Now to find a mag holder/pouch for left pocket that won't damage the iPhone I slip in there too.
    Look to K&D for a good pocket mag pouch. They're on sale now too. I may pick a couple more up myself. I'm an iPhone carrier too and if it isn't in my shirt pocket or if I don't have on cargo shorts, I stick my spare mag in my back left pocket. I don't usually like anything in my back pockets but that works when trying to manage all the stuff we carry in our pockets these days.

If it was just a matter of extra ammo you may have a valid point. But I want an extra mag because even the best mag is likely less reliable than a lot of the so called unreliable guns people refuse to carry.

I have heard, and my personal experience at the range has even showed me, that what fails most often is a mag. By FAR.

Your car likely has a spare tire to help fix what may be the most likely problem too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links