Brommeland's Service Grade (new pics)

This is a discussion on Brommeland's Service Grade (new pics) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The weather finally cooperated enough to get some better pics of my Service Grade Max-Con V this morning - sorry it took so long guys. ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brommeland's Service Grade (new pics)

Brommeland's Service Grade (new pics)

The weather finally cooperated enough to get some better pics of my Service Grade Max-Con V this morning - sorry it took so long guys.

All of the following pics are of the Service Grade. I'm still VERY satisfied to say the least and when being worn I can't tell a bit of difference between my Presentation and Service Grade MCVs. I'll leave any further comments up to Gary and Remy if they want to jump in here. Thanks you two!
    Jack

BTW, those little white flecks in some of the pics are dust/lint - the finish is perfect!

2. Remove Ads

Much better pics maclean3, I might have to change my order to a "service grade" to get a holster this year after everybody seeing the quality of this line and keeping the Brommelands very busy making them!

Edited to add my "Premium Line" Max-Con V I guess it's called now! see if you can tell the difference.

[IMG][/IMG]

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Still looks good Ti, how old is that rig? Looks to be a 3" slide if I'm not mistaken, it really shows the "sciatic flange" well - once I get my Combat Commander out of layaway it'll have a similar holster. Any problem having that ambi safety get swiped off unintentionally? Debating swapping mine out for a single sided.

The only real difference it the two grades is crisp edges in the fine details (ejection port, trigger guard, etc.). I wouldn't trade my Presentation Grade for anything but for $20 less (and a bit less detailing) I can afford more holsters. I really like the idea of having an identical back up holster in case one gets wet or damaged (God fah-bid), so for that new Commander I can get two holsters for $140 instead of $190 ... or two holsters and a single mag pouch for about the same cost.

As far as changing your order, I don't know what to tell you. Both grades have strong points in their favor so it just depends on what's important to you and what you and Gary or Remy can agree on. Tough choice, huh?
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Still looks good Ti, how old is that rig? Looks to be a 3" slide if I'm not mistaken, it really shows the "sciatic flange" well - once I get my Combat Commander out of layaway it'll have a similar holster. Any problem having that ambi safety get swiped off unintentionally? Debating swapping mine out for a single sided.

As far as changing your order, I don't know what to tell you. Both grades have strong points in their favor so it just depends on what's important to you and what you and Gary or Remy can agree on. Tough choice, huh?
    Jack
    That one is about 6-7 months old, worn daily and it is a 3" model. No problem at all with the ambi safety, it has never been kicked off when carrying. I am waiting on a commander presentation grade MC-V for my Colt Combat Commander also. It was to ship awhile back but things must have changed, that is why I am thinking of switching as these serivce models will be very popular I suspect and will add to my wait.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Anyone know the current lead time on the MC5s? (either Premium or Service)

Can anyone give a comparison of the MC5 to the VM2? (I already have the VM2, but like the looks of the MC5 and the pricing is very attractive as well...)

Howdy!

The wait time on the Presentation Grade is 14-16 weeks. The wait time on the Service Grade is ten days to 2 weeks.

The Max-Con V and VMII are really very different holsters. Each has it's strengths and weaknesses. If you decide to try a Max-Con V and don't like it, I'll refund your money. I don't ever want one of my customers to feel "left out in the cold".

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland
    The wait time on the Presentation Grade is 14-16 weeks. The wait time on the Service Grade is ten days to 2 weeks.
    The wait time sure is appealing on the service grade. I read the introduction threads on the new Service compared to the Presentation, but is there any functional difference with regard to retention/feel? (I know the boning isnt as refined and the fit doesnt appear as tight on the gun, but wonder how this effects the overall function of the holster)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland
    The Max-Con V and VMII are really very different holsters. Each has it's strengths and weaknesses. If you decide to try a Max-Con V and don't like it, I'll refund your money. I don't ever want one of my customers to feel "left out in the cold".
    Thanks for the offer, Gary. Right now I need to work on selling (or tinkering with it more) my CTAC before buying anything else, but I think I will be coming to you when that time comes.

The MC5 looks a bit thinner than the VM2, which is great as I find the VM2 to be slightly bulky.

Thanks.

VIP Member
    Sorry if this has been asked already but what's the price difference between a Presentation and Service grade holsters GB?
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.Lee
    The wait time sure is appealing on the service grade. I read the introduction threads on the new Service compared to the Presentation, but is there any functional difference with regard to retention/feel? (I know the boning isnt as refined and the fit doesnt appear as tight on the gun, but wonder how this effects the overall function of the holster)

Both holsters are first pressed under 6 tons of hydraulic pressure, and that is the process that determines the majority of the fit.
    The Service Grade is boned where it is necessary to finalize proper fit and function.
    The boning on the Presentation Grade is substantially more detailed, but is mostly cosmetic.
    Retention with an IWB is mostly a function of the holster being slightly compressed between the belt and your body. It is actually necessary to make sure than an IWB is not fitted too tightly in order to make it draw correctly. (It is a much different situation than with an OWB). These Service Grade holsters draw and retain very nicely.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    Sorry if this has been asked already but what's the price difference between a Presentation and Service grade holsters GB?
    Presently, the Presentation Grade is $89.95, and the Service Grade is $69.95. However, the Presentation grade is likely to see a price increase of $5-10 in the near future. I am trying to avoid it, but leather prices have gone thru the roof, and these things are VERY labor intensive by comparison.
    Thanks!

VIP Member
    GB, I have a PM on the way to you.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.Lee
    The wait time sure is appealing on the service grade. I read the introduction threads on the new Service compared to the Presentation, but is there any functional difference with regard to retention/feel? (I know the boning isnt as refined and the fit doesnt appear as tight on the gun, but wonder how this effects the overall function of the holster)SNIP
    Thanks.
    Not ONE bit as far as I can tell. I have to make sure I put my Service Grade back in its baggie when I'm done wearing it so I don't get the two mixed up. When wearing them I honestly can't tell any difference at all, both have very positive weapon retention with a smooth draw and fairly easy reholstering considering its non-reinforced mouthband. I believe the plan is to use a different "maker's mark" on the Service Grades but when they made mine I guess the die wasn't ready yet as both my MCVs are stamped "Brommeland."
    (Hrmmm, I wonder if that'll make it a collectables "treasure" in 20 or 30 years ... I better keep it stored next to my velvet Elvis ).
    Jack

GB,

Doing lefty Service Grades? Might be interested for one for my P99.

Steve
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by san antone rr
    GB,

Doing lefty Service Grades? Might be interested for one for my P99.

Steve

Hi Steve,
    As a matter of fact, I've got a full size P-99 dummy gun (9mm) on it's way as we "speak". These holsters are cut on the same tooling as my regular Max-Con V's, so left hand is no problem.
    Also, I am shipping your other stuff this week- it is now drying. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    When wearing them I honestly can't tell any difference at all, both have very positive weapon retention with a smooth draw and fairly easy reholstering considering its non-reinforced mouthband.
    Thanks for the quick review. I didnt know it had a non-reinforced mouthband..that would explain why it looked so much thinner than my VM2.

Ill definitely keep these Service grade MC5 in mind.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links