Does anyone make an IWB holster with a rearward cant?

This is a discussion on Does anyone make an IWB holster with a rearward cant? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to carry a G26 appendix carry. However, I would like the cant on it to be slightly to the rear instead of forward ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone make an IWB holster with a rearward cant?

Does anyone make an IWB holster with a rearward cant?

I want to carry a G26 appendix carry. However, I would like the cant on it to be slightly to the rear instead of forward for comfort and draw ergonomics.

Does anyone make one?

2. Remove Ads

Andrews leather iwb is adjustable for cant. Most of the appendix carry holsters are either set up with verticle cant or probable can be ordered with rear ward cant.

Most holsters like crossbreed have the holes setup to move the belt clips to adjust the cant of the holster and I believe you can cant the holster to the rear
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think the K holster is adjustable.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Pro Carry HD or LT at The Holster Store. They offer fwd, zero and rear cant on them. The HD lets the gun ride higher, the LT lower. I have the LT, carry at 4:00 and it fits fine. I "should" have got the fwd cant, but that was my mistake.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Pure Kustom's Black Ops or Black Ops Pro.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Comp Tacs C-Tac can be canted to the rear.

Fist has a model that you can set the cant anywhere you want it. It's what my wife uses.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I can make a Minimal Clip/Snap or Quick Clip/Snap any cant you want. No extra time or money. Check out my site.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I actually use a forward cant on my personal holster for appendix carry. It conceals SOOOO much easier. The draw is still natural, though you wouldn't think it would be. Vertical or rearward puts the butt of the gun out too far for some people.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

i use a tucker silent thunder iwb that can be adjusted (colt compact). i also have a c rusty sherrick crossdraw/appendix owb on order (for same weapon), that i will use in appropriate situations. the owb is not adjustable-but i am not concerned.

Dave Bullard makes a nice IWB leather holster that is cant-adjustable. I have one and like it. Good quality, and he's good to deal with. Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

Threat Solutions makes an excellent kydex reverse cant holster (I own an Interchangeable here Welcome to TSC Interchangeable Holsters Page ; it's rock solid). This holster is specifically designed for reverse cant, and works very well (and would be even better if I didn't have so much of...ahh...my wife's good cooking hanging out with my stomach :D).

Tucker Gunleather makes a few holsters suitable for appendix carry and cant adjustment, and is a great guy to boot (I own several Tucker holsters and their quality is unmatched).

The Malabar Front has an interesting holster that seems suitable too, but I have no experience with this holster or them as a company. Welcome to TSC Interchangeable Holsters Page

I'm sure there's a few more out there, but specifically designed reverse cant/appendix is surprisingly sparse in selection; I've got half a mind to make one myself-we'll see.

C-

For appendix carry, I would think that one would want no cant at all (neither forward of back).OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

In appendix carry, I find a rearward cant more concealable and comfortable than straight vertical as there's less depth possible with the cant until it starts...interfering uncomfortably. For me a vertical cant also means in all likelihood I won't be able to bend down to sit comfortably, if at all.

A slight rearward cant also makes the butt of the firearm at a more comfortable and natural grabbing angle IMO, making a slightly faster draw (arguable certainly, but it being more natural isn't IMO as the butt is more "level" to the top of one's pants than in the straight vertical, specific holster and depth depending of course.)

But like all holsters, this is certrainly a YMMV thing, and admittedly I might feel less preference either way too if I was one of those real skinny folks too.

C-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links