Blade-Tech Bobby McGee IPDA Combo Pak for concealment?

This is a discussion on Blade-Tech Bobby McGee IPDA Combo Pak for concealment? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings and Happy New Year. I am relatively new to this forum and just recently added my comments in the new member section. I do ...

Thread: Blade-Tech Bobby McGee IPDA Combo Pak for concealment?

Blade-Tech Bobby McGee IPDA Combo Pak for concealment?

Greetings and Happy New Year. I am relatively new to this forum and just recently added my comments in the new member section. I do have a question already.

I have been looking for an OWB holster for my G19. I'm really looking for a leather holster as I've been carrying IWB with a Don Hume PCH and it works well,but I'm thinking OWB might fit better this time of year. I came across a sale on Blade-Tech's site for the Bobby McGee Pak that is really good, and it comes with a dual mag holder which I don't have right now. I'm thinking of possibly taking some advanced classes, and possibly shooting at some IDPA matches, but that will be in the future. I realize that this combo kit is probably good for competitive shooting and for range work, but my question is how well it works for concealed carry? Does either the SRB attachment or the paddle hold the holster really close to the body like it says it does? I'm looking for anyone who might have personal experience using this holster (especially the SRB attachment) for concealed carry.

Link to the Bobby McGee Pak: Bobby McGee Pro Series IDPA PAK :: Competition Series Products :: Blade-Tech Industries

Much thanks!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't have one, but the pics don't really make it look like it would be to good for concealed carry, unless you're hiding it under a winter coat or a heavy cover garment...

The G19 is a great carry gun, I have it and a G26. You will probably do better with an IWB or OWB holster that draws the gun in to your body... Crossbreed, Comp-Tac and several other makers have great designs for carry holsters...

G19 in an MTAC, by Comp-Tac...

G19 in a K&D Laredo Defender...

G19 in a Don Hume 721OT...

All these can be had for what the Bladetech is listed for on the link you provided...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

can't say much about the blade tech but i have the done hume 721OT for 4 of my pistols and am quite happy with them. If you like their IWB and they are in your price range why not try their OWB? I think the link you gave would be better for IPSC match unless your local range is lenient on the IDPA rules then it would probably work for IDPA as well. I wouldn't carry with it however

Links