My New Ruger GP100 3 Inch

This is a discussion on My New Ruger GP100 3 Inch within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok Folks, so far pardon my spelling right now "Bianchi" has a holster for a GP100, but it doesn't state for barrel length. I've checked ...

Thread: My New Ruger GP100 3 Inch

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar

My New Ruger GP100 3 Inch

Ok Folks, so far pardon my spelling right now "Bianchi" has a holster for a GP100, but it doesn't state for barrel length. I've checked out the sites listed here and even the Custom ones don't list the GP100 Ruger Revolver and I'm looking for a good Shoulder Holster with Speed Loader Attachments.

Anyone know of any other places. I found the ?X-15 from Bianchi but I'll have to call them for them don't mention barrel length, they list GP100, but no barrel length.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

2. Remove Ads

I highly recommend Galco shoulder holsters. I havent tried one with my ruger but have borrowed my buddies using a Sig 220 and 226. It very nice but it isnt the cheapest. Good deals can be had on ebay. As soon as I have the $$ thats what I'll be buying for my GP100 4". Stay away from Uncle Mikes they arent worth the money. I dont know much about the Bianchi setup, sorry. and you made a damn fine choice on a revolver. We need to see some pics.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    I highly recommend Galco shoulder holsters. I havent tried one with my ruger but have borrowed my buddies using a Sig 220 and 226. It very nice but it isnt the cheapest. Good deals can be had on ebay. As soon as I have the $$ thats what I'll be buying for my GP100 4". Stay away from Uncle Mikes they arent worth the money. I dont know much about the Bianchi setup, sorry. and you made a damn fine choice on a revolver. We need to see some pics.
    I'll have to check them out. I have the 4 Inch already, that 3 inch should be a little more balanced in my view.

Pictures will be on the way as soon as I pick it up on Monday, it's being shipped UPS as we speak. Had to go out of State to find one. Their hard to find.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    Definitely check out Galco. Many of their holsters will work for more than one barrel length. My Galco shoulder holster can handle any length 1911...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    Definitely check out Galco. Many of their holsters will work for more than one barrel length. My Galco shoulder holster can handle any length 1911...
    Thanks, I sure will.

I use a Bianchi #5BH for a 4 inch GP100. It will work fine for a 3 inch. The Ruger GP and Smith and Wesson K frame use the same holster. This should open some doors for you.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

A friend of mine lent me his "Jackass" rig for my GP 100, and man was that a heavy piece of iron to carry in a shoulder rig!!! I gave it back to him.....
    Tony

Even a 3" is a lot of steel to carry, but the key with shoulder rigs is trying to balance it out as best you can. Something with belt attachments, similar to the ones offered by Kirkpatrick Gunleather (Kirkpatrick Leather Holsters - Concealment Holsters, Western Holsters, Duty Holsters, 1911 Holsters, Concealment Holsters and More.) make a should rig much more stable. They're not for me, but it gives you a few more options.

Links