Crossbreed for fullsize 1911

This is a discussion on Crossbreed for fullsize 1911 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just purchased a Kimber custom II and am looking for an IWB holster. Im looking hard at the Crossbreed supertuck for the fullsize 1911, ...

Thread: Crossbreed for fullsize 1911

I just purchased a Kimber custom II and am looking for an IWB holster. Im looking hard at the Crossbreed supertuck for the fullsize 1911, I am wondering if anybody has any experience with this holster. I am 5'4 and 140 lbs, so the 1911 is pretty big on me and wondering if any other holsters could help me conceal this beauty. Thanks

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I used to carry a full size CZ75 in one no problem, and that has a wider grip, same barrel length.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I'm using one with my commander sized 1911, and love it. Very comfortable and very concealable, I would highly recommend a super tuck. But with any holster with a 1911 you are going to want a good gun belt, which Crossbreed makes as well.

I have one that I carry a springer champion in (same size grip, but smaller barrel).. I have no problems with it.. I also have one from my XD .40 service (my primary carry).. Keeps the firearm close to my body and very concealable.. my only problem is wearing it while tucking a dress shirt in.. It makes me look like I have an abnormal growth on my strong side.. Looks very lopsided.. My mother-in-law actually asked me if I was ok that I looked like I have cancerous growth or something.. So now I move the holster to closer to 4:30 when I have to tuck a shirt in and try to blouse my shirt a bit more then normal.. That helped out a lot..

Just ordered the Crossbreed today, thanks for the help. Now I have to play the waiting game.

I currently have a Supertuck for my DW CBOB and I am currently in the process of "breaking it in". It's been only a few days, and it's becoming more and more comfortable. I carry mine in the 4:30 position. It's comfortable when I move around, but lousy on long drives. (that's probably true with most IWB holsters) My Supertuck is in horsehide, which I believe takes a little longer to break in. I am using a strong belt from Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather for it which makes it much more stable. I didn't want to suffocate with my normal size pants, so I bought a couple pairs of jeans one size up.
    I have a Kahr PM9 in a Crossbreed MicroTuck and it works very well. I can wear it all day with just shorts and a t-shirt and no ones knows I'm wearing it. I'm 5'11', 225lbs so that gun conceals well. I ordered a C5 Montana XLT , which looks like a Sparks VMII clone, but for a much lesser price and turn around time. I'm going to give both holsters a fair shot to see which one is overall most comfortable and conceals the best. What ever holster you get, make sure you at least get a good belt.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
    - Ronald Reagan

Use a MTAC (ST twin brother) like it alot

Kimber TLE II RL

Sponsored Links