What to pay for a used "The Answer" Holster

This is a discussion on What to pay for a used "The Answer" Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have friend that has "The Answer" by Tucker for a XD9sc he's hopes to sell as he isn't going to need it (he fell ...

I have friend that has "The Answer" by Tucker for a XD9sc he's hopes to sell as he isn't going to need it (he fell in love with a Kimber...a 45 that is). So it is lightly used and I'm wondering what it is worth used. It has the leather lining in the kydex. I want to be fair with him but don't have a lot of $$$ right now. What's your opinions? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ntg View Post
    I have friend that has "The Answer" by Tucker for a XD9sc he's hopes to sell as he isn't going to need it (he fell in love with a Kimber...a 45 that is). So it is lightly used and I'm wondering what it is worth used. It has the leather lining in the kydex. I want to be fair with him but don't have a lot of $$$ right now. What's your opinions? Thanks.
    We tend to take a bath when we get rid of holsters... :( My wild guess is to price the thing out on their website, shipping and everything, then take off $25 or $30. One just sold in the for sale section, I think it was new and included shipping.

Thanks DH, I found the thread where one was just sold. Is $50 too little anyone? My feeling after wearing it a little is it is a good holster (and will feel real good once broken in), but I'm not going to be able to tuck w/ it as I had wanted (there's a buldge with my XD) so maybe I'd be best to get a good pancake OWB holster, which I've seen some for $50 that I feel would do the job. Any input, I'm new to the holster fitting business.

I Love my The Answer

I have been wearing a "The Answer" holster every day now for almost a year. I carry a Glock G23. I love mine. I would offer $60 or $70 for a used one myself. But if you can get one for $50, you have a good deal. And the seller has to bear in mind that they are selling a used holster. These holsters fit well because of the fact that they mold themselves to your body shape. Different people tend to have different shapes. This means it will probably take a while for you to get comfortable with this used holster.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

Good info and advice horseman, thanks! Are you able to tuck it without an obvious buldge/bump on the back side? My backside may just be too flat; I may need to move some around from the front!

I generally see them sell for $70 to $80, seems to be average.
    I just sold one for $75 shipped.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    I generally see them sell for $70 to $80, seems to be average.
    I just sold one for $75 shipped.
    I'd sell mine for that kind of money. There very good holsters.

I wear mine at the 3:00-4:00 position - depending on what pants I am wearing (and where the belt loops are). If you know that it is there, depending on the shirt, you can see that the right hip extends out further than it should. If you look very, very, very carefully. Most of the time my wife can't even tell unless she gives me a hug. I have shown it to several others who are considering getting concealed carry licenses. I tell them, "OK, I am wearing a concealed carry holster. Where is it?" Thus far I am 6 and 0 on that test. They never get it.

Here are some pictures of me carrying. Gun is on my right side.
    Attached Images
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

Thanks Horseman...I appreciate the help. I played with his a little more last night and I think It'll hide better closer to the hip (3 position). What gun do you pack? I'm courious about the thickness difference. Also, looking at the pictures, you appear to put the clips over the pants but not the belt. Do you have the standard clips or or do you have the 'J' clips or velcro? The clips on the one I'm thinking of getting are the slimline. Thanks again.

The clips I use now are velcro. I started with the standard 'over-the-belt' clips. The standard ones that come with The Answer will really grip a belt -- but they are very visible. With the velcro clips, the holster is next to impossible to spot. I carry a Glock G23, which is a compact .40 pistol (but not a sub-compact or "baby"). Since the magazine is a double-stack, the gun is relatively thick, but the compact model has a shorter barrel than the G22 standard 40 caliber. Dimensions are width - 1.18 inches, height - 5 inches, length 6.85 inches. I have no doubt that any good IWB like The Answer can conceal up to a full-size 911, but this compact is a little easier to hide and lighter to carry.

Concealed carry is very comfortable. I carry all day every day. My work involves me sitting at a chair on a computer, and the 3:00 position works well for that. I also have no problem getting in and out of my truck. And I spend time in the pasture every day doing things with my horses. I often show my horses at public events like community festivals and exhibitions. Some of my horses are miniature horses that are jumpers (one has two World Championships in that) and this means that I must jog beside the horse as I lead him over the jump course. I carry during these public community events as well, and no one has ever noticed. The holster keeps the gun secure by my side while jogging with no bouncing or extra motion.

I usually wear an undershirt, so the holster is not against my skin. Getting hot and sweaty (even here in Texas) has not been a problem. When I do (occasionally) wear it directly against the skin it is still fairly comfortable -- but I prefer have an undershirt between me and the leather.

I have no doubt that other top holsters like the Super-Tuck are just as good -- but I have been very, very pleased with my "The Answer".

Horseman...invaluable help and information. I thank you for your input. Take care.

Thanks for sharing horseman

Links