Tell me about low ride iwb holsters

This is a discussion on Tell me about low ride iwb holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking of trying a different holster for an alloy framed Commander sized 1911, one that holds the gun a little deeper than my current ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about low ride iwb holsters

Tell me about low ride iwb holsters

I'm thinking of trying a different holster for an alloy framed Commander sized 1911, one that holds the gun a little deeper than my current Blade Tech Nano. Three I have looked at are the Milt Sparks Summer Special 2, Rusty Sherrick's Inside the Waistband, and the Mitch Rosen USD, (Express line). Any comments on these, or other lower riding IWB's? I don't much care for the really wide-set loops on holsters such as the versa max, and am wanting something that postitions the trigger guard behind the belt as opposed to above it.

2. Remove Ads

I had a Desantis Cozy Partner for a Glock 23, and it was very comfortable with good quality. It was pretty low. Not a 1911 but about the same size. I currently carry my commander sized 1911 in a CompTac M-Tac, very low but wider than what you are wanting.
    Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of ones youth, blessed is he who has a quiver full of them.They will not be ashamed, they will speak with thier enemies at the gate.

Psalm 127:4-5

try the suppertux from crossbreed.

VIP Member
    Keep in mind, with an IWB holster you want to have enough grip exposed to allow a grip that doesn't need to be readjusted when you draw! Too deep isn't good.

TT Gunleather is as deep as I want and need. You can imagine the waistline, just a tiny bit higher than the belt line on this picture.

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Keep in mind, with an IWB holster you want to have enough grip exposed to allow a grip that doesn't need to be readjusted when you draw! Too deep isn't good.
    Thats partly why I don't like the wide spaced loops; the rear loop is usually right in line with the grip.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradktn View Post
    Thats partly why I don't like the wide spaced loops; the rear loop is usually right in line with the grip.
    Not when you're wearing it! Your waist is curved and it's just enough that your fingers don't hit it when gripping the weapon.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thumper, I'm glad they work for you, but they don't work for me. I've tried several, and with my body and carry style they do interfere with my draw.

VIP Member
    The Galco Summer Comfort and Royal Guard come to mind. The Don Hume PCCH also fits your requirements. All are available off the shelf so no waiting time is required. These would also work while you wait for the Milt Sparks....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Here it is again! check out Pure Kustom, They cant be beat and fully adjustiable to ride as high, low, or anything inbetween that you can think of and will work for you.

I currently use a Crossbreed Supertuck and I like it alot. I recently tried it on the lowest setting and was amazed that it was much more comfortable than when it rode higher (although the higher setting wasn't uncomfortable). Keep in mind as Thumper already stated that you don't want it too low were you cannot grip it properly.

I also just ordered a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro which is fully adjustable as Avenger stated. The Pro model can actually be adjusted really low if that is your desire.

Quote Originally Posted by bradktn View Post
    I'm thinking of trying a different holster for an alloy framed Commander sized 1911, one that holds the gun a little deeper than my current Blade Tech Nano. Three I have looked at are the Milt Sparks Summer Special 2, Rusty Sherrick's Inside the Waistband, and the Mitch Rosen USD, (Express line). Any comments on these, or other lower riding IWB's? I don't much care for the really wide-set loops on holsters such as the versa max, and am wanting something that postitions the trigger guard behind the belt as opposed to above it.
    You might also want to look at the Kramer #3 IWB Holster.

Depending on the pants I'm wearing, cover garmet and what I'm doing that day will have me reaching for one of three holsters for my P-35. The three I use are:

Kramer IWB #3
    Milt Sparks Summer Special II
    Milt Sparks Watch Six

Biker

The MTAC allows for a lot of vertical adjustment. I've set mine to ride lower than the stock position and it's very comfortable.
    If handguns cause crime, mine are deffective - Ted Nugent

Check out the RM Low Rider IWB from RM holsters. Best $55 bucks i ever spent towwards gear and I carry my Glock in it more often than my high-dollar Rosen. It's kydex, but you won't believe the comfort and fit.

+1 for RM Low Rider!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

You might try the Kholster, don't have one myself but the vast majority of owners seem happy with them and they offer lot's of adjustability.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links