Anyone have experience with "Kholster"?

This is a discussion on Anyone have experience with "Kholster"? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got an e-mail link to a company called Kholster that appears to make a holster similar to Crossbreed. Owner seemed like a great ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have experience with "Kholster"?

I just got an e-mail link to a company called Kholster that appears to make a holster similar to Crossbreed. Owner seemed like a great guy and responded really quickly.

Anyone have any experience with this company? I want to order a couple of holsters, but would feel better knowing if anyone has actually used their products. Any thoughts?
    Be prepared

Thumbs up Kholster Crescent

(Long time lurker but I felt that I had to register & answer this question.)

I have a Kholster Crescent for my gun. When it came I wasn't too sure since it looked like a very flat sheet of leather. I put it on and wore it ALL the time to allow it to form to my hip & gun. That took a week or so. I've had it for a couple of months now and it's fully formed and very comfortable. (I'm wearing it now because it was easier to leave it on than remove it after getting back home - can barely feel it.)

I've been very happy with the quality of the holster and find that I almost never use any of the other ones any more. Also, the fact that you can cut the leather as desired and not kill the warranty was a big selling point. I trimmed the bottom of mine to make the points of the crescent a bit shorter since I moved the clips so the holster rides a bit lower (moved them up).

PLUG: If you want order & put the code "11-2284" in the special instructions you'll get 10% off and I'll get a discount on the next one I buy. (Thinking of a L handed one for use in the small of the back or one as a gift.) If this isn't appropriate, I'll edit this last part back out.

It looks to be infinitely adjustable.....a big plus!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

I have had one for several weeks...I paid $35 bucks for it in December. The only problem I had was the kydex was too tight. I heated it with a hair dryer to loosen it. I carry a PT145 in it everyday...no problems so far. There are probably better holsters out there, but I highly recommend kholster for someone looking for a low cost effective holster.
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

I have one for my 9mm Sigma and love it! I haven't ben able to carry it anywhere other than my home because my CPL hasn't come yet, but so far I love it! I will be trimming mine once Jimmy sends me some shorter clips(which he is doing for free)

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Without a doubt It's the best $35 dollars I've ever spent on a gun product. If the crossbred is better I can't imagine how.

Just breaking mine in also. So far, so good. I have one for my Glock 27.

kemar, what position do you wear your's in? I've been trying mine in the 4-5 o'clock position but was wondering if anyone's found a different position they like.

-Jim

Quote Originally Posted by kemar View Post
    (Long time lurker but I felt that I had to register & answer this question.)

I have a Kholster Crescent for my gun. When it came I wasn't too sure since it looked like a very flat sheet of leather. I put it on and wore it ALL the time to allow it to form to my hip & gun. That took a week or so. I've had it for a couple of months now and it's fully formed and very comfortable. (I'm wearing it now because it was easier to leave it on than remove it after getting back home - can barely feel it.)

I've been very happy with the quality of the holster and find that I almost never use any of the other ones any more. Also, the fact that you can cut the leather as desired and not kill the warranty was a big selling point. I trimmed the bottom of mine to make the points of the crescent a bit shorter since I moved the clips so the holster rides a bit lower (moved them up).

PLUG: If you want order & put the code "11-2284" in the special instructions you'll get 10% off and I'll get a discount on the next one I buy. (Thinking of a L handed one for use in the small of the back or one as a gift.) If this isn't appropriate, I'll edit this last part back out.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I wear mine all the time for my XD and love it. Never had a problem in 2+ years.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

EW3
    They are a blatant, and IMO inferior rip-off of the very highly rated around these parts, Crossbreed SuperTuck.

Get the Crossbreed, you won't be sorry.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I have a kholster xd45 left hand and just ordered a crossbreed MP45 right hand. the kholster feels good but I did trim off a little of the cowhide with tin snips. I bought the crossbreed in horse hide and will compare....will post a report in about a month.

I wear mine slightly forward of 3:00 (2:30-ish). The butt of my subcompact rides directly above the seam running down the side of my leg. Since I'm not as sleek and trim as I used to be that seems to hide everything very well. I mentioned that I moved the hooks so that the rig rides a bit lower and only a minimum sticks out.

One other thing I trimmed was the spot where the magazine release would hit. I took an exacto and trimmed a small hole with beveled edges so that there would be no pressure on the button no matter what.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    They are a blatant, and IMO inferior rip-off of the very highly rated around these parts, Crossbreed SuperTuck.

Get the Crossbreed, you won't be sorry.
    Care to go into a little detail? I'm just curious.

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Care to go into a little detail? I'm just curious.
    From what I can gather, the guy who started KHolster took Crossbreed's design almost verbatim, made the leather round instead of rectangular/rounded and was selling it as his creation and idea all along.

I think there is litigation in progress from Mark at CB.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    From what I can gather, the guy who started KHolster took Crossbreed's design almost verbatim, made the leather round instead of rectangular/rounded and was selling it as his creation and idea all along.

I think there is litigation in progress from Mark at CB.
    It also appears to have MUCH more adjustability, I have a Crossbreed & have only seen pictures of the Kholster so that is how I am basing my opinion.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links