Need input.....G26 magazine holder

This is a discussion on Need input.....G26 magazine holder within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yeah...it's me. Wouldn't have thought I'd put out a question such as this, but here's the deal. We (wife and I) have a couple of ...

Thread: Need input.....G26 magazine holder

Need input.....G26 magazine holder

Yeah...it's me. Wouldn't have thought I'd put out a question such as this, but here's the deal. We (wife and I) have a couple of magazine pouches to go along with our CC. Thing is, she likes to carry a spare mag more than I do (there..I've said it). Oh...I do too on occasion, but even when I do, it's not always in a mag holster on my belt. Our current choices for CC an extra mag are for the full size Glock magazines. Kydex and leather. With the sub-compact Glock magazine sizes, they work, but leave a lot to be desired since the holders are tight, and for the G26/27, the grip on the base of the magazines left above the holder just isn't enough for a positive draw. Know what I'm sayin'? So...I'm reaching out for your best input for any Glock sub-compact specific magazine holders you've come across. If you know me, I've already skimmed the internet (much to my dismay thus far). But that's what I'm looking for to go along with my wife's birthday present and her very own G26 in a few days. (yes, I'll take a pic). Might know, I could offer Glock parts or a reward of sorts depending on information supplied. Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Glock specific mag holder? You many want to look into some GAP finger rest extensions for your flush mags, they work great for not only handling the short mags (in/out of the pistol, etc.) but add stability in the grip when they are inserted too. http://www.concealablecontrol.com/advantage.html

I use them for my short mags, but generally carry a G19 mag as my "spare".

C-

Lightbulb WRBUSA.com

I could not tell from your post if you wanted belt options, or alternate.

If pocket carry suits your liking, I am fond of these.

I do not own one like this, but it looks like it would suite the bill as well and has a clip.
    Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -C. S. Lewis

Assuming you're looking for something belt-mounted...

I just picked up a small digital camera holster from Sears for $10. Mounts on the belt, and will hold 2 LCP magazines. There are many variations on this theme, in different sizes.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

If you're looking for belt magazine holders, I really like the kydex magazine holders from this eBay seller. He's also sold them on other gun forums. I have them for my Kahrs and Glock.

Kydex magazine holders for Glock magazines - eBay (item 150405005017 end time Feb-11-10 23:04:23 PST)

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    If you're looking for belt magazine holders, I really like the kydex magazine holders from this eBay seller. He's also sold them on other gun forums. I have them for my Kahrs and Glock.

Kydex magazine holders for Glock magazines - eBay (item 150405005017 end time Feb-11-10 23:04:23 PST)
    Thank you. That's what I'm going with. I think I've run across the listing before, but this time I read the description carefully, and sent a descriptive message as to what I'd need. Over six years dealing on Ebay (buying and selling), and I have yet to experience a bad transaction.
    I appreciate all of the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Thank you. That's what I'm going with. I think I've run across the listing before, but this time I read the description carefully, and sent a descriptive message as to what I'd need. Over six years dealing on Ebay (buying and selling), and I have yet to experience a bad transaction.
    I appreciate all of the replies.
    I hope they are what you are looking for. I've also had nothing but good luck with eBay purchases and sales.

You know, I am just as guilty as you are Ram Rod. I "sometimes" carry an extra mag and its never in a pouch or holder. Usually in my pocket and hard to get at. Well, learning the error of my ways, I started looking and the first person I asked was Rocky at Pure Kustom. He makes them and makes them well. A bit spendy, but its custom leather. I looked on ebay for a kydex one, thinking they might be cheaper, but found nothing for a XDm. But thats okay, having matching leather on my belt is probably better.

Just thought I would add that little tidbit.

sss
    I had Dave at Little Bear Custom Holsters - *Welcome to Little Bear Custom Holsters, this is our fourth year in business and are introducing a new and improved line of custom made holsters.Each of our holsters are made by hand, one at a time out of premium cow si make a horizontal spare mag holster for my G23 magazine. It cost about $25 with shipping and was custom made for my exact magazine... big upgrade from the generic "sorta fits" thing I was trying before.
    "A professional politician is a professionally dishonorable man. In order to get anywhere near high office he has to make so many compromises and submit to so many humiliations that he becomes indistinguishable from a streetwalker." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Soular View Post
    I could not tell from your post if you wanted belt options, or alternate.

If pocket carry suits your liking, I am fond of these.

I do not own one like this, but it looks like it would suite the bill as well and has a clip.

Thats cool. I may get a couple. Thanks for the info.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    another possible solution for the short mags not giving you enough to grab onto for a good draw would be carrying higher capacity mags for your backup...a g19 mag gives you more capacity, good fit and doesnt take up much more space...it has no effect on the concealment of your carry gun either...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    another possible solution for the short mags not giving you enough to grab onto for a good draw would be carrying higher capacity mags for your backup...a g19 mag gives you more capacity, good fit and doesnt take up much more space...it has no effect on the concealment of your carry gun either...

+1. Why would you carry a g-26 spare mag when you could carry a 17 or 19 and have more rounds? Plus it would be longer for a faster/better grip. I carry a 21 spare mag with my g-30 and a 17 mag with my g-26.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock30SF View Post
    +1. Why would you carry a g-26 spare mag when you could carry a 17 or 19 and have more rounds? Plus it would be longer for a faster/better grip. I carry a 21 spare mag with my g-30 and a 17 mag with my g-26.
    That's what I do with my G33 also. My spare mag is a 15rd.

Quote Originally Posted by sss View Post
    I had Dave at Little Bear Custom Holsters - *Welcome to Little Bear Custom Holsters, this is our fourth year in business and are introducing a new and improved line of custom made holsters.Each of our holsters are made by hand, one at a time out of premium cow si make a horizontal spare mag holster for my G23 magazine. It cost about $25 with shipping and was custom made for my exact magazine... big upgrade from the generic "sorta fits" thing I was trying before.
    I also have dealt with Dave at LittleBearHolsters. He is a stand up guy and backs up what he sells. He will work with you to build it if you don't see something that you like. I am presently wearing an OWB open top holster for my G26 and am wearing a "double" vertical mag holder on weak side. No problems whatsoever withdrawing a mag for tactical change. I can't say enough about the quality of Dave's work. I encourage you to check his site out and if you have questions, email and/or call him. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I'm ordering a lefty mag pouch for my H&K from that guy on Ebay, but....

Ebay wont allow pictures of magazines in the ads!?!?!?!?

Links