Tucker Silent Thunder STX

This is a discussion on Tucker Silent Thunder STX within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking of getting a Tucker Silent Thunder STX based on the information on Tucker's web page. Would like to get some feedback from actual users ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tucker Silent Thunder STX

Tucker Silent Thunder STX

Thinking of getting a Tucker Silent Thunder STX based on the information on Tucker's web page. Would like to get some feedback from actual users before I make a final decision. Input would be appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

I will let you know

My plain OWB Silent Thunder is supposed to ship out today and so I should have it by Tue.

Searn

Okay, you might have to spend the extra money, however, Pure Kustom is the better product. I get crap all the time from people asking me what I get from Rocky for plugging his business all the time, and my answer is NOTHING. I dont want anything. I just love his products and believe everyone should have one.

This is my review from when I first received my holster. If you end up getting a Tucker, and it dont compare to this, then you will know that you have an inferior product.

This might sound like I am holding a grudge against Tucker, not really a grudge, I just dont like them. You can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Okay, you might have to spend the extra money, however, Pure Kustom is the better product. I get crap all the time from people asking me what I get from Rocky for plugging his business all the time, and my answer is NOTHING. I dont want anything. I just love his products and believe everyone should have one.

This is my review from when I first received my holster. If you end up getting a Tucker, and it dont compare to this, then you will know that you have an inferior product.

This might sound like I am holding a grudge against Tucker, not really a grudge, I just dont like them. You can do better.
    What is it about Tucker holsters that you don't like? Thanks
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

I carry and XD .45 in one. I like it overall. I wish it spread the weight a bit more, but that is going to be an issue with any single attachment point holster. It also rides too low for my tastes. I have a hard time getting a proper firing grip quickly.

It holds the gun securely, although I've never done inverted calisthenics with it on or anything so... :)

Quality was ok, but there was a ragged edge on top where the leather had not been cut cleanly. I know concealment holsters don't need to be pretty, but for the price I paid I expected a little better QC.

I also got a bullhide belt from Tucker. Great overall, but the blind screws holding the buckle end of the belt together were not tightened well. First time I used a public restroom they fell apart, and I was scrambling behind the toilet for the pieces. I was not pleased.

Overall, it's serviceable but I wasn't happy with the quality of the... $150ish iirc worth of gear. I would not try to stop someone from ordering Tucker gear, it's not bad stuff. But I will not be buying from them again myself.

My EDC is a Glock 30 in a Tucker Silent Thunder IWB. I think it is an incredibly comfortable holster, and for the single point attachment I have never had a single problem with the holster rotating. I set the cant that suited my needs, and I have never had any problem with my pistol being in any position other than what the holster cant is set for. As for quality, I have a couple of Tucker holsters and I think the quality is as good as can be expected for anything handmade. I was just given a new Glock 21sf for Christmas, and I plan on calling Tucker to see if I can get the Silent Thunder for that gun.

Good luck with your holster selection.

By the way Balog, I also have a Beltman belt. If you don't tighten the screws with a bit of locktite on them then you will continue to lose your buckle no matter who made the belt. Good luck with it.

Be safe.
    EDC: Glock 30 IWB Tucker Gunleather - Silent Thunder
    Ruger LCP - BUG in front or back pocket

"In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!"

Quote Originally Posted by Balog View Post
    I carry and XD .45 in one. I like it overall. I wish it spread the weight a bit more, but that is going to be an issue with any single attachment point holster. It also rides too low for my tastes. I have a hard time getting a proper firing grip quickly.

It holds the gun securely, although I've never done inverted calisthenics with it on or anything so... :)

Quality was ok, but there was a ragged edge on top where the leather had not been cut cleanly. I know concealment holsters don't need to be pretty, but for the price I paid I expected a little better QC.

I also got a bullhide belt from Tucker. Great overall, but the blind screws holding the buckle end of the belt together were not tightened well. First time I used a public restroom they fell apart, and I was scrambling behind the toilet for the pieces. I was not pleased.

Overall, it's serviceable but I wasn't happy with the quality of the... $150ish iirc worth of gear. I would not try to stop someone from ordering Tucker gear, it's not bad stuff. But I will not be buying from them again myself.
    I think the OP is speaking of the STX which is an OWB belt holster. Thanks for your brief review though of the IWB.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

My problem with Tucker Gunleather is when I ordered one for a gun that I own, it came and it was the wrong one. He wouldnt take it back. I work at a range and so I see many people come in from day to day with all sorts of things on their belts. (The guns have to be unloaded and in a case before entering) The people who have Tucker have not said anything good about them. This is just my opinion and I mean no harm. I dont like them, my friends dont like them, so I dont recommend them.

Well I'm just the opposite. I have a Tucker "Secret" and have to say it is a really nice holster. Use mine allot carry my 1911 compact and sometimes I'll even use it to carry my PF-9. In my opinion it would only be better if it had tuckable clips.

"The Secret" IWB

Quote Originally Posted by pfcslr View Post
    My plain OWB Silent Thunder is supposed to ship out today and so I should have it by Tue.

Searn

Have you received your STX yet?? What's your opinion?? Do tell!!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    My problem with Tucker Gunleather is when I ordered one for a gun that I own, it came and it was the wrong one. He wouldnt take it back. I work at a range and so I see many people come in from day to day with all sorts of things on their belts. (The guns have to be unloaded and in a case before entering) The people who have Tucker have not said anything good about them. This is just my opinion and I mean no harm. I dont like them, my friends dont like them, so I dont recommend them.
    This is very fishy, since Tucker has a lifetime guarantee, if you purchased the holster directly from them. The only thing it doesn't cover are kydex belt clips. If you don't like it, they take it back. If you bought it used, damaged it, or modified it, then that's a different matter, and it's reasonable that they wouldn't accept a return.

I have a number of Tucker Holsters, both IWB and OWB, two for over 5 years. I personally know other people who have them, some LEOs. The quality of Tucker holsters is at the absolute top of the industry, and their customer service is outstanding.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    This is very fishy, since Tucker has a lifetime guarantee, if you purchased the holster directly from them. The only thing it doesn't cover are kydex belt clips. If you don't like it, they take it back. If you bought it used, damaged it, or modified it, then that's a different matter, and it's reasonable that they wouldn't accept a return.

I have a number of Tucker Holsters, both IWB and OWB, two for over 5 years. I personally know other people who have them, some LEOs. The quality of Tucker holsters is at the absolute top of the industry, and their customer service is outstanding.
    I agree on the fishy part. Rob offered to take back a holster just because it wasn't working for me.

I too own several Tucker holsters, both IWB and OWB-they are among the highest quality IMO, and I own/have owned quite a few.

The last order I placed with him he sent me an email asking how a previous holster I bought from him was working out-one I bought several years before. Great service, and every bit a gentleman in my dealings with him.

C-

Fastball, I have been wearing it for a week now..... and have decided that it is my favorite holster. There was almost no break in time needed.

I have a hard time believing that Rob wouldn't take a return order unless the holster had been modified somehow. He keeps the communication flowing as freely as the guys at Comp Tac do! My vote is go for the Silent Thunder it has adjustable retention(even a thumb break if you want, Rob will customize it to meet your specs, it is delivered FAST, and best of all it is MADE IN TEXAS!!

Super cool!!!

I'm in the market for a new holster and this STX has really perked my interest!

Thanks!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links