AMT Backup holster follow-up - I had one made!!

This is a discussion on AMT Backup holster follow-up - I had one made!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; About two weeks ago there was a thread started by BukWild because he was looking for a holster for an AMT DAO Backup .45ACP and ...

Thread: AMT Backup holster follow-up - I had one made!!

AMT Backup holster follow-up - I had one made!!

About two weeks ago there was a thread started by BukWild because he was looking for a holster for an AMT DAO Backup .45ACP and had been unsuccessful. Another forum member, ispcapt, posted that he had a friend that does leatherwork and was sure he could make one and would even let him use his Backup for a template. Well, I PM'd ispcapt for his friend's info because I have a couple of Backups (a .40 S&W and a .38 Super) and have also been looking for a holster, to no avail.

Anyway, ispcapt put me in touch with Ed Rodek (leatherworker454@aol.com). Last Tuesday, Ed and I spoke at length about what I wanted/needed, what he recommended, and what would work best. After settling on design, color, etc, Ed told me he'd pick up ispcapt's gun the following morning and should have my holster and mag pouch done and shipped by Monday!! And he did!! He emailed me Tuesday that they had shipped and they arrived today, just eleven days from when we spoke!

The workmanship, fit, and finish are excellent. The gun and mag fit snug, and the holster tucks in tight to the body and conceals very well. I could not be more pleased with the set and the price was incredible - $31 for the holster, $16 for the mag pouch, $7 for S&H - $54 total and these are the prices off of the list he sent me, no special deal or sales. Ed also makes all kinds of other holster styles and leather items, so if you're in the market it might be worth your while to drop him a line.

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

2. Remove Ads

Dang that is nice!
    I ended up picking up a Galco holster, not even close to that quality, but seems to be working ok.
    I would love to have a pancake style like that tho!
    Racism isn't born, folks, it's taught. I have a two-year-old son. You know what he hates? Naps! End of list. ---- Dennis Leary

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Ed does holsters in black, tan, brown, and mahogony which is what WC145's is in. He'll also do basketweave and a border trim which is the outside of the basketweave with a plain center that looks nice.
    Ed's a perfectionist. If it's not right then he won't ship it. I don't know leather weights but he uses heavy leather and it holds it's shape.
    Glad you like it WC145. He turns out some really nice stuff. For some of the guys he made a set consisting of holster, mag case, handcuff case, badge holder, belt, and leather tooled western style buckle. The mahogony basketweave looked outstanding.
    Also hard to beat his prices and his turn around time.
    183 FBINA

Links