Waiting fo Max-con V

This is a discussion on Waiting fo Max-con V within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I talked to Garry about two weeks ago and ordered for my glock. This waiting is killing me lol. I feel like a little ...

Thread: Waiting fo Max-con V

Waiting fo Max-con V

Well I talked to Garry about two weeks ago and ordered for my glock. This waiting is killing me lol. I feel like a little kid waiting for christmas. Is there a support group somewhere for holster aholics? lol I have bought three other holsters to play with to try and tie me over. I'm sure the wait wil be well worth it, but i'm going broke trying to fill the void! I'll update with pics and my thoughts when i recieve it.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Rich - doubt I have said a welcome yet -

The wait is actually meant to be cathartic - a strengening excercise for the character doncha know

As of now, Holsterholics Anonymous has not been started - you volunteering?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    As of now, Holsterholics Anonymous has not been started - you volunteering?

I'll sign up for that, I'm waiting on My Cochise Defender from K&D. I'm not complaining, quality takes time.

Reminds me of that old Ketchup commercial though.

Anticipation is making me wait.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I just got word from Gary that my MaxCon V is ready. He's going to make me a MaxCon VI, once he finalizes the redesign. He is good. I am patient.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Hope to see mine soon as well.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Welcome to the Forum Rich. We've all had to endure the wait at some point or another - I'm not sure what's worse, the itchy feeling while you wait or the shakes when you try to open the package that just arrived.

Trust me buddy, your wait will be more than worth it the first time you put that holster on .
    Jack

I too am currently awaiting the arrival of a Max Con V, mag pouch, and belt from Gary for my 1911, and just recently ordered another one for my 3" J-frame as well. I try to simply not think about it, as I know it will be well worth the wait. In the meantime, I buy gun store holsters and break them in for those that prefer dirt cheap yard sale gear .

Mighty thoughtful of you Tylden!

I'm collecting so many holsters I could start my own online business selling them off. My last couple were Galco's. The Sky Ops and the Jackass shoulder system. I love the shoulder set up for cool nights or colder weather when I can wear a jacket or extra over shirt. The Sky Ops works well as a tuckable, but as an IWB holster with an un tucked shirt its not so great. The belt hook system pokes through the shirt like a little claw reaching out of your kidney. I have no doubt that Gary's holster will work great. With the angle of the cant and the design of the straps, it should be just what I need. Much more secure and comfortable then the Sky Ops I'm sure. I'm also thinking about calling Gary again and ordering one of his ammo carriers as well. He talked with me over the importance of ALL WAYS carrying spare mags and though i followed that practice before hand, he pointed out how much slower my mag pouches are in comparison to the open style. He even said "I don't mind if you use my carriers or not , but please all ways carry a spare mag". Truly a nice guy and if his helpfulness is any indication to the quality of his product then I am in for a treat!

Links