Pistol wear? has anyone tried this?

This is a discussion on Pistol wear? has anyone tried this? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in athletic gear most of the time and bicycle daily and am considering other options vice my back pack and am considering the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol wear? has anyone tried this?

I am in athletic gear most of the time and bicycle daily and am considering other options vice my back pack and am considering the pistol wear wrap over a fanny pack, i carry a beretta 9mm with a spare mag, any inputs suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns

Sounds like you need a Galco (or similar)belly band or a Smart Carry.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    That doesn't look like a bad product for athletic wear!
    If you get one, let US know how it works!

PS..I use a maxpedition bag whe I don't have a belt
    "Don't Tread on Me"

It looks

like it would serve my purpose, im concerned about 2 aspects, 1 is movement and 2 i sweat a ton in this Florida heat. appreciate the replies.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sam51 View Post
    like it would serve my purpose, im concerned about 2 aspects, 1 is movement and 2 i sweat a ton in this Florida heat. appreciate the replies.
    I think if the pouches are high quality, neither would be an issue. However, one never knows until it is purchased and worn. I wish I could help you out, but the only thing I can think of is a smartcarry or some sort of CCW undershirt.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

There are a number of flatter fanny packs aimed at the athletic/outdoor crowd. Mountainsmith makes one or used to. If you are in your athletic gear and carry a slim fanny pack it would only seem natural it's where you keep your pocket stuff. IMHO the only time fanny packs look suspicious is when you already have plenty of pockets.
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

VIP Member
    Someone posted about these in the last week or two. It looks really interesting, I think the other poster was looking for something for running... If you get one be sure to do a review...

Here's the link to the other post...

Waist Packs
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    I like the looks of this product and I think it would work for a number of activities, or just plain wear. Looks like an OWB smart carry...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I think this holster has possibilities especially for deep cover. Inexpensive enough to be worth a try! I may have to add one to the "Box-O-Holsters".
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

KA-BAR the knife people make what looks really good for a concealed fanny pack the TDI Fanny Pack. It fits close to the body and can be worn under or over a shirt. You can get them for under $30.
    KA-Bar TDI Product
    KA-Bar TDI Pic

look around the net and you will find many belly bands. as this one goes it does not look bad. if it does not work you can put it with your collection of holsters that look good, but did not work.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by sam51 View Post
    I am in athletic gear most of the time and bicycle daily and am considering other options vice my back pack and am considering the pistol wear wrap over a fanny pack, i carry a beretta 9mm with a spare mag, any inputs suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns
    Thanks for posting that link. I think I just found the answer to what to wear when I'm working out!

Distinguished Member
    I just bought a belly band for my .380 and I wish I had seen this first. I can only wear the belly band over a tshirt because it's so scratchy. And not too secure for the firearm, it seems like it's going to fall out. This looks designed better to go on skin and just better all around.

And less floppy looking than the Smartcarry. Esp for moving around kind of activities.

Thank you for posting the link. Maybe I need a new 40 cal pistol to go with one of these.

cj
    Looks interesting, and one of the better prices for something of this kind (never could figure out why the price point on these seems to be $50+).

My main concerns to learn more about:
    - How hot would it get, especially when exercising? Even just walking around, my Smartcarry gets pretty warm for me.
    -How are the draw possibilities? Their little video demonstration makes draw look fairly painful, and don't show whether it's possible to get a good grip while drawing...the examples just seem to show a pinch grip grabbing somewhere on the slide.

Keep us posted if you get one to try out...I really like the looks of this one.

I

will let you all know how this works out, it was suggested to me today at the gun range to purchase a thin pocket holster and see if it holds in place if the pistol moves around, if not i might need to add a few strips of velcro to keep it positioned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links