PF9 highnoon holster help

This is a discussion on PF9 highnoon holster help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking to get an IWB holster for my keltec PF9 was thinking the bare asset sincethe cant but curious thougts on the mr softy. Want ...

Thread: PF9 highnoon holster help

PF9 highnoon holster help

Looking to get an IWB holster for my keltec PF9 was thinking the bare asset sincethe cant but curious thougts on the mr softy. Want something small and quick & easy to put on and off.

2. Remove Ads

I have used the Bare Asset for a P-11 and it is a great value for the money.
    It is very easy on and off, belt clip is very secure.
    It will not hold its shape after draw of course, but that is the trade off for such a minimal holster.
    The cant does not seem as important for such a small gun.
    It is not molded for the exact gun, so you will need to crank down the tension screw for the Kel-tec

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I have the Mr. softy for my P2000, same rig with a cant....these are made to fit a lot of guns and mine didn't go in far enough for my tastes....but all I had to do was take a stitch out by the trigger guard and wala....perfect fit...I do have other high end rigs for my P2000 but this one fills a niche for quick trips to the market or in the car when I want to throw the gun in the cosole....:)

Before

After

I ordered a Mr. Softy for my Sig 239 and found that my Kel Tec PF9 fits the holster very comfortably. No cant and it doesn't ride too high.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

I have two of their low end IWB holsters and they are very good for the money. The leather work is fine and the clip is very strong. I currently use one for my Kahr P9 and used to carry a Taurus 709 in it as well. I also have one for my old P64. The only thing I don't like is that it isn't one to reholster with after you have drawn...it's just not safe to do that IMO.

I got the Bare Asset for my G26 and the Split decision for my PF9. I prefer the holster for the G26 as I feel it fits the PF9 better. So I wish I had got a Split Decision for the G26 and used it for the PF9.

Overall for the quality it is a good holster. Sits a little high for me but rides good.

Ron
    IMO, that you can't readily and safely reholster with one hand is a big negative. I feel that it is important to practice at the range with the gun and holster you use for EDC, and that includes, at least for me, practicing my draw.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I ordered the bare asset and received very quickly but having a hard time getting my PF9 all the way in. I backed the retention screw out but worried it's so far out might loose it and it's still only goes in 2/3rds. Any help? Been trying wax paper and just working it. I k ow prior posts about reholstering bu I'm worried about putting it on or trying to push down hard to put it on wih it loaded.

I recently picked up a Comp-Tac MTAC for mine.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Yeah have a crossbreed for my G19 but wanted something small & easy. Wih the quick tuc had the PF9. Don't have $80 but like the easy draw & reholstering with the CB

I use the De Santis 032 D6 for my PF9 IWB holster and love it. The cost of it is around 20 or 30 dollars depending on where you go. Here is a quick description...

The #032 features a thumb break for additional retention, and a 1 inch belt loop for on-the-belt carry. The belt clip on the front of the holster is used for IWB carry. It is made with a heavy-duty spring steel clip positioned high for deep cover when carrying IWB style.

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    I ordered the bare asset and received very quickly but having a hard time getting my PF9 all the way in. I backed the retention screw out but worried it's so far out might loose it and it's still only goes in 2/3rds. Any help? Been trying wax paper and just working it. I k ow prior posts about reholstering bu I'm worried about putting it on or trying to push down hard to put it on wih it loaded.
    It should fit like this, just PUSH and TWIST, it will seat.

Justin
    Attached Images
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Twist! Good ideaa thanks! Wore it yesterday felt good. Little hesitant to take out a stich like prior post and I know months later would want more retention afterwards

It does not need a stich taken out , it will be perfect, just like the pictures.

Justin
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Links