Qwik Clip Holster

Qwik Clip Holster

This is a discussion on Qwik Clip Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking at purchasing Cross Breed Qwik Clip Holster, anyone have one and what do you think of them? I like the idea of being ...

Thread: Qwik Clip Holster

Qwik Clip Holster

I'm looking at purchasing Cross Breed Qwik Clip Holster, anyone have one and what do you think of them? I like the idea of being able to remove and put back on with ease. My current Galco concealed carry paddle is very comfortable but a pain in the butt to take off. I know the Galco is a OWB and the Cross Breed is a IWB, just looking for some tips.

Thanks,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DavidT View Post
    I'm looking at purchasing Cross Breed Qwik Clip Holster, anyone have one and what do you think of them? I like the idea of being able to remove and put back on with ease. My current Galco concealed carry paddle is very comfortable but a pain in the butt to take off. I know the Galco is a OWB and the Cross Breed is a IWB, just looking for some tips.

Thanks,

Dave
    I have narrowed my search to this IWB holster as well.

Have not ordered until my CCH gets issued (just in case there is some delay I will not have spent my money).

Figured if I posted, some one else may offer their opinion of this IWB holster.
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

I have the quick clip for my Stoeger Cougar 9mm. The Cougar is a steel gun, heavy - not polymer! With that said, I can carry it with the QuickClip very well with a good gun belt. With only one point of attachment, with a heavy gun, it will move a little - not bad though. It is very comfortable once broken in! For fun, I slipped my Kahr P9 (not a good fit) into it just to see how it rode...I'll probably get one for hte Kahr as well....excellent!

I have one for my Kahr CW9. Personally, I couldn't get comfortable with the slight movements it made and felt like it needed to be adjusted on my hip regularly. This is why I've been sticking with their standard and microtuck models.

Thanks for the input.

I as well am not a fan of the quick clip. The end of the holster that didn't have the clip seemed to work it's waydown pretty often and I had to pull it up.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I just couldn't seem to keep the quick clip in place I was always having to re-position

I'll weigh in on this...I own a Kahr MK9 with CT lasergrips and a stainless steel guide rod...couldn't make it much heavier if I tried....

I LOVE the QwikClip! I'll try to get some pictures over here but if you still haven't made up your mind, here are some thoughts...

1. The most important thing is can you carry Appendix style? The way the leather on the holster is made, it spreads out all the 'impact' of the gun so that when you ever 'feel' it, it is just that, and not getting 'jabbed' with it. Wear it for a couple of hours over a few days and you won't feel it anymore. That being said, I'm an athletic build, no six pack or anything but I don't have much of a gut. It might not be the best way to carry if you have something that folds over it.
    2. Like most, if not all IWB carry, you'll want a belt. I use the same one I got from American Eagle when I was in Highschool...nearly ten years ago...works fine
    3. I reposition only when I get up and sit down. The gun never prints unless I am wearing a whiteshirt and have just won a wet t-shirt contest...(I don't compete)

I've had it for over eight months and love it. For me, I consider it most comfortable AND most tactical way to carry - quicker draws, accessible if you are thrown to the ground or against a wall, you'll know if you've been 'made' most likely since it is on your front. I'll try to get some pictures up

Links