Really need your guys help with holster problem

This is a discussion on Really need your guys help with holster problem within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I just bought a new crossbreed supertuck for my Glock 27 and wow is it awsome but here is the problem my Back ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really need your guys help with holster problem

Hey guys, I just bought a new crossbreed supertuck for my Glock 27 and wow is it awsome but here is the problem my Back has been acting up real bad (so bad that I took off the holster and gun and cant wear it anymore for at least a while) anyway my wife says that I cant carry that way anymore if this is what is causing my back to go into spasms (Yes im going to the docs) are there any shoulder holsters for a Glock 27 you would recomend that are both comfortable, affordable and concealable under a normal shirt, I work in a busy pawnshop 10 hours a day guys not carrying is not an option
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Personally, I'd look for appendix carry before a shoulder holster....especially with the G27 (since I'm an avid fan). Take a look at High Noon holsters and something to carry in front of your hip IMO. Shoulder holsters are an option, but in my mind, they're more of a specific option.......one to consider when all other options just won't cut it. That's just me though, and yes....I have carried with shoulder holsters before, but I didn't know what I do now. Best of luck to you finding your best option.

What kind of belt are you wearing it with? A normal belt will sag and the holster will ride low. A sturdy gunbelt keeps it in place and supports the holster very well. Placement may be contributing, have you tried moving forward or rearward on your belt?

I bought the crossbreed gun belt also and it seems to support great.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

I'm not sure how taking the weight off of your hip and placing it higher and directly on your back will help your situation.

First things first and lets get some more info. Back to basics, it takes a complete system to carry a pistol comfortably:

1) Good holster - check
    2) Good belt - hopefully a nice real gunbelt?
    3) Off hand spare mags - or some other counterweight?

That last point can be important to help even out the weight of your pistol. For example I carry a CZ 75 which is much heavier than you pistol. On my offhand side I carry a light, spare batteries, spare magazine (18 rounds) and a Leatherman Surge.

Also last thing, you don't have a large wallet in a back pocket also do you? Sitting on a large wallet on only one side has been known to cause back spasms too.

Give us some more info on your carry set up.

VIP Member
    Where do you carry at ? I used to carry at 4-5 pm and I used to get a pain. Now I carry between 2-3 pm and it is good. PF-9 in a Supertuck. Move it around and try it out.

I can second the idea of counterbalancing the weight of the gun with mags if you haven't tried that yet. I sport a full size 1911 and 2 mags off side and it helps to even out my back. I wouldn't say I have to run the mags to be comfortable but my back does act up from time to time and when it does the mags help with the pain. It works for me, and a few other guys I know with similar problems and if you haven't tried it it's probably worth a go.

Also probably wouldn't go with a double mag pouch IWB when your running a double stack gun it will likely be pretty thick and depending on how much room you've got in that belt and your pants you might come up short.

Luke

As it sits right now I dont carry any xtra mags or anything to counter the weight (never thought it was a big deal) apparently I was wrong. I am going to give that a try but I dont have an iwb mag pouch so back to shopping here i go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebrnr View Post
    I'm not sure how taking the weight off of your hip and placing it higher and directly on your back will help your situation.

First things first and lets get some more info. Back to basics, it takes a complete system to carry a pistol comfortably:

1) Good holster - check
    2) Good belt - hopefully a nice real gunbelt?
    3) Off hand spare mags - or some other counterweight?

That last point can be important to help even out the weight of your pistol. For example I carry a CZ 75 which is much heavier than you pistol. On my offhand side I carry a light, spare batteries, spare magazine (18 rounds) and a Leatherman Surge.

Also last thing, you don't have a large wallet in a back pocket also do you? Sitting on a large wallet on only one side has been known to cause back spasms too.

Give us some more info on your carry set up.
    It may not be the weight but pressure on a nerve or it may be subconsciously making him carry his body differently. I would try to change up the positions you wear it in before I discontinued using it.

Also you may want to try something that I use often, that is wearing my rig between my pants and belt. Good luck.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I agree with an offsetting double mag pouch. I'd also suggest a set of Perry Suspenders, Industrial version. These have elastic on the rear, but not the front. They attach to your belt instead of your pants, so they become part of your load bearing equipment.
    Perry Suspenders
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    with my new crossbreed, I had to bend the thick leather toward the front to match the shape of my hip. It improved greatly once it's shape matched mine.

be careful with your back! You need it in good shape!!!
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    As it sits right now I dont carry any xtra mags or anything to counter the weight (never thought it was a big deal) apparently I was wrong. I am going to give that a try but I dont have an iwb mag pouch so back to shopping here i go.
    This is a good possibility. Ever carry something in one hand and feel a bit off balance? Then carry something in both hands and the back strain is gone?

I switch from IWB to OWB with this... FIST, INC. ...then added a double mag holder to the other side...very comfortable now.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Where do you carry at ? I used to carry at 4-5 pm and I used to get a pain. Now I carry between 2-3 pm and it is good. PF-9 in a Supertuck. Move it around and try it out.
    The problem I have with this is that all the tuckable features and concealability without a big shirt is gone when you wear it like this (or at least seems that way to me)
    I think to tell you the truth it is my hip more than my back (kind of thought my hip hurt cause of my back but the pain seems to be centralized around my right hip)

Back to carrying pocket holster with p3AT my draw is sooooooooooooooooooo slow with this thing ive got to fix my hip.

Try a pair of suspenders.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I've had back problems for years, arthritis, spasms, ligament damage, etc. In my supertuck I carry a 4" XD45. I've noticed a few things that really help.

Offsetting the weight really helps balance things out. Getting a belt that is stiff enough to do the job is also a need for me, not just a luxury. A belt that is not designed to carry and distribute the weight will sag causing me to tighten up the belt and tightening the belt causes spasms for me in a relatively short period of time.

Depending on how you're built, one thing I had to learn (trial and error) is to let the belt sit on my hips and not cinch it up where my waist is (or should be). A good belt will set on your hips and distribute the weight without having to be super tight.

I like the supertuck because the clips are far apart enough to aide in weight distribution. I usually carry about 3:00-3:30. Hope this helps.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links