Tuckable IWB appendix for a Glock 26

This is a discussion on Tuckable IWB appendix for a Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am currently carrying in a Smart carry which I really like. I am thinking of getting something else just for variety. I have others ...

Thread: Tuckable IWB appendix for a Glock 26

Tuckable IWB appendix for a Glock 26

I am currently carrying in a Smart carry which I really like. I am thinking of getting something else just for variety. I have others that I use to carry at 3:30 IWB and currently as typing have it in a High Noon tucked with a jacket because the clip is quite large. My wife and I are expecting again and I realize that carrying child on hip will be more comfortable if I resort to appendix. I have to have tuckable for work. I also need clips that are not as noticible. I know that people dont pay much attention but I cant afford for someone to notice while at work. I dont know our policy and sorta prefer it that way. I have thought about the Galco tuck-n-go also the MTAC/CTAC with the reversed C clips. On the MTAC/CTAC is I wasnt sure how the two clips though more stable wasnt sure about being worn in the appendix posistion. I am open to suggestions. I figure if I am going to get a holster now would be a good time before pampers and infumil fill my budget.

2. Remove Ads

Try looking at the Crossbreed Supertuck. I have two, one micro for my Kahr PM9 and a supertuck for my DW CBOB. It does an excellent job of keeping the gun close to my body and is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. Make sure you also have a good belt since it will aid in keeping the holster where its suppose to be.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
    - Ronald Reagan

Wasnt aware the Crossbread offered J hooks. I wonder how the Supertuck/MTAC work appendix. They seem wide. I have never seen either in person. I do know that two clips should help spread the weight of the gun. I currently have a Wilderness instructor that I wear but thinking of purchasing a leather belt for more dressy occasions.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    My Special Ops (apendix) holster can be carried from 9:00 to 5:30

Consider what I do with m 27: I carry it in an Infidel holster with the belt clip. But instead of the clip being on the outside, I carry the clip on the inside of the belt. I actually don't get good retention from it being on the outside of the belt, but it's awesome on the inside of the belt, and, even better, it conceals the clip. No one ever knows it's there.. ..not even the wife. :)

It costs nothing to peek in this window...you might just find a great new holster...
    HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It costs nothing to peek in this window...you might just find a great new holster...
    HOLSTERS
    I'd have been shocked if ret hadn't said FIST!

...but he's right!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

The MTAC neutral cant is a fantastically comfy and concealable appendix (I use thier slide version to fit both my G26 and G19, but mostly carry the 26 in it). There are a few others out there too; do a search on appendix carry holsters for more.

I have to say however you already have one of the the best solutions for deep concealment out there in the SmartCarry; why risk it when it comes to your job? Just a thought.

Also, you're right about the "toys"-get them now as kids suck up money in a quantity the likes of which can only be experienced to be believed. And multiples of kids, well then... :) Regardless, congrats-being a Daddy is the greatest thing ever and totally worth it!

Cruc, two daughters here (and a wife...ahem), Cruc
    Last edited by Crucible; January 26th, 2010 at 11:29 PM.

I use a CompTac MTAC appendix carry in summer (I do OWB in winter). It is adjustible enough to go as a straight drop or slightly more. I haven't tried their Neutral Cant holster but it looks the same except allows more adjustment for cant for appendix carry. The MTAC is very comfortable with my G27. For deep cover though, you can't beat the SmartCarry.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Wasnt aware the Crossbread offered J hooks. I wonder how the Supertuck/MTAC work appendix. They seem wide. I have never seen either in person. I do know that two clips should help spread the weight of the gun. I currently have a Wilderness instructor that I wear but thinking of purchasing a leather belt for more dressy occasions.
    Here is a Neutral Cant MTAC with a Wilderness belt carrying a Kahr P9.

Here it is on one of my leather belts.

It is very comfortable and has a slim profile.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Links