Lady Carry Options

This is a discussion on Lady Carry Options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sure this has been covered here, but I am going to ask anyway since I am new here. My wife has a S&W .38 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lady Carry Options

Lady Carry Options

I'm sure this has been covered here, but I am going to ask anyway since I am new here.

My wife has a S&W .38 aerolite with her, but she keeps it in a fanny pak in the mapholder compartment in the car door because of our daughter. Not the best place for protection or keeping the little one from it either.

I work shift work and I am not at home alot of times when she and my daughter are coming home to an empty house with a walk-out basement. We live in a rural area also...

My concern is someone hiding in the basement or closets downstairs and her gun is in the car. I have told her about this, trust me.

I have other guns around the house, but they are semi-autos and she didn't train to use those in the NRA class we took. She used a revolver.

What are the options for her to carry this weapon on or with her comfortably? Would like to hear from some of the ladies or wives of members here if they are carrying as well...

Tks

PC

2. Remove Ads

For Christmas I got my wife one of these.

Cabela's -- Triple K Pistol Purse

I don't like her carrying in her purse, but it is better than her leaving it in the safe. I am going to have to work some more with her on this as I am begining to think that we both are going to go through TX CHL Instructor Class this summer. She is going to have to move to on body carry in my book if she is going to be instructing other folks about the need for getting a CHL.

Good luck with your wife.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

My wife carries her LCP in a belly band. She tried a revolver, but it was too big and thick around the cylinder for her. She preferred the thinner LCP.

The fanny pack would be fine - as long as she wore it! My wife refuses to wear one. Not fashionable enough, I guess.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member
    Women's concealment holsters

Check out the bra holster. It also gives a little lift for some vavoom along with the kaboom.

This holster is the only way I could comfortably wear my 649 Bodyguard. I can wear my LCP inside the waistband, but this is it for the revolver.

Much depends on clothing styles. I like slim fitting things, not too much overblousing. Vests are a good option.

Someone said in another thread that you have to make concessions on your clothing choices when carrying. It's the new normal. That is good advice.

How about cargo pants?

The other problem with revolvers is that speed loaders take so much width and strips are, well, strips. I am really moving to the pistol due to the ease of carry and magazine volume.

Hope this helps.

It also gives a little lift for some vavoom along with the kaboom
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

I bought my wife a Kel Tec P3AT and installed the belt clip. She carries it everywhere now. If she doesnt slip it in her pants it is small enough to slide into her "small" purse. The PT11 was just too big for her to carry around.

I'll have to show my wife that bra holster. Not sure it would work, since she often has our infant daughter laying on her chest - but worth a look.

The belt clips make me nervous, especially with children crawling over you. I prefer something that covers the trigger.

Interesting thread - holstering issues for the ladies are a whole different topic!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Well I showed my wife the bra holster, and both her and the other gal in the office didnt' think too much about it. Maybe the OP or some of the other gals on here will be more receptive to the idea. Like guys, it is probably going to boil down to personal preference.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Does she have a permit? Does she want to open carry? What position does she wants to carry?

I've been watching this thread because I'm always interested in seeing how lady's are carrying. I try to get my wife involved in daily carry but I just can't find easy comfortable ways for her to carry.

Looking forward to more info:)

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

With me it varies as to the situation and what I have to wear. Sometimes a fanny pack is the best, other times I like a pocket holster with the LCP, an inside the waistband Uncle Mikes (I know, it should be a better holster) with the S & W snubbie..
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Ask your wife to take a gander at this site. Cornered Cat She'll get some good advice there.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member
    One thing I've learned is to start small, then creep up to a larger gun.

Another consideration for women is the whole "pants on the ground" thing for using the restroom. Men have fewer POTG calls during the day if you get my drift, but women's holsters must make this happen easily and safely without a big clunk on the tile floor. Not an insignificant issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    One thing I've learned is to start small, then creep up to a larger gun.

Another consideration for women is the whole "pants on the ground" thing for using the restroom. Men have fewer POTG calls during the day if you get my drift, but women's holsters must make this happen easily and safely without a big clunk on the tile floor. Not an insignificant issue.
    If you've ever been in a mens restroom you know that when men are required to sit, we too must not let our pants, not to mention our guns ever touch the floor.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    +1 on the Cornered Cat Website!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links