How do you guys deal with pant sag when tucked?

This is a discussion on How do you guys deal with pant sag when tucked? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm carrying a Glock 30SF in a Crossbreed SuperTuck with Velcro clips at 4:00. I also have 2 quality belts from the Belt Man. I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys deal with pant sag when tucked?

How do you guys deal with pant sag when tucked?

I'm carrying a Glock 30SF in a Crossbreed SuperTuck with Velcro clips at 4:00. I also have 2 quality belts from the Belt Man. I tighten my belt down pretty well, sometimes even enough to be just a little too tight. No matter what there is allllways a sag on the right side of my pants, no matter what positions I try it has never escaped me in the past 3 years. I guess the only thought I have is to get a tuckable IWB dual mag holder. With (2) 10-round .45 mags it should balance things out a bit. Any recommendations?

Any other ideas to help this sag issue?
    Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Glock 30SF, Kahr CM9
    S&W M&P 9c, 40c
    Ruger LCP, 22/45 Mark III

2. Remove Ads

Mic
    Butt implants??????
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

mrm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    Butt implants??????
    LMAO
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

I don't know how to help you with the sag issue. My pants usually sit on my left hip bone and sag just below it on my right, the side I carry my gun. It doesn't bug me too much. I'm carrying a Sigma in a Kholster.

Suspenders! They're back in style. Check out Perry's Industrials, they hook to your belt instead of your pants and become part of your load bearing gear. You can wear them under a cover garment also.
    Perry Suspenders
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Not sure but if you add additional weight to the other side, I am thinking it will just sag on both sides instead of just one.

If my pants sag when carrying, whether with my Crossbreed IWB or a regular slide holster, I just pull them up. You do have to wear your pants pretty tight in order to keep it to a minimum.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I'm a little against butt implants. I never really have too many issues. I guess I'm just used to it. If you ad a 2.5lb weight to one side of your pants, it'll sag a little....
    Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended

Perry belt suspenders.

Try lifting your pants to sit on your hip, adds support to the holster and gun

Mic
    hey wait a minute, shouldnt your pants sag, youd fit right in with the hommies in the hood, they'd never suspect you.

just kidding man, try repositioning at 3o'clock and see if thats comfortable, or like AZ Husker said, try suspenders
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

lol, please know its not about whether the sag bugs me or not, I'm trying to rectify the visual aspect of the sagging. Like if you walk behind me and see my belt line, there is a pretty decent sag on the right side. I tend to keep my belt tight and pants pulled up, but I was just curious who else may have this problem.

I do realize a lot of this is due to the no butt syndrome, lol. Cant fix that and butt implants are out of the question, lol.
    Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Glock 30SF, Kahr CM9
    S&W M&P 9c, 40c
    Ruger LCP, 22/45 Mark III

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground..." Sorry, couldn't help it.

Your pants should be fastened above your hip bones, nice and tight around your waist. That's how I carry to avoid the sagging issue. I've never had a problem, but YMMV.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

The problem might be the belt. You said you have two good quality belts from the Beltman, but are they gun belts? Are they 1-1/2"? Is the weight of your firearm over coming the stiffness of the belt?

The reason I ask is because I see people like yourself all the time come into the range with the same problem. They have no hips or butt or support their firearm. This is most common with women. Usually they are carrying a LARGE firearm in a crappy holster with a Wal-Mart special dress belt. Something is off, because if you have a quality holster, belt, and a small firearm that is light, you shouldnt have an issue. It might cost you some extra mullah to get the right gear that fits your body type. This is why many people who carry have a box of belts and holsters!

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I'm one of those who was mis-assembled from the factory. Add me to the butt-less group, thank God for hips at least, and a good gun belt.
    Even when I carry something heavy like my 686+ it seems to ride well.
    I've found that a lower rise jeans is a big help. My belt rides above the hip bone and what's left of the curve at my waistline leaves a spot for the grip to hide in. Higher rise pants give me a problem, the body factory gave me no torso length and it seems my ribcage is directly connected to my hipbone. With a high ride holster and high rise pants, well you'll just have to imagine when the grip of the firearm ended up, but let's just say it made drawing a bit difficult
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Y'all: Maybe I'm missing something here but the arithmetic equation here is weight + size = sag. I absolutely convinced myself that I could not stand "stuff" anywhere around my body or in my pants. It made my decision on a firearm choice a lot easier and is probably true of many as you see the very large crop of new micro, mini, compact, smaller caliber, etc etc firearms that are flooding the new market. I've tried CC with a relatively light S&W 642 but just could not stand it--it is now the "home gun". Currently CC a Kel-Tec P3AT that has never given me an ounce of trouble. A firearm that I have to make excuses for because of weight or sag is one that I will never carry so CC is irrelevant then. The P3AT is as light and small as they come and there is no sag.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links