Defensive Carry banner

Oh no, not another holster maker

4K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  AnimalKracker 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I just thought I'd share some holsters I've made. I've been talking to Mark Garrity and he's been GREAT !! giving me pointers I hope to do him proud, Thanks Mark.

Not a holster but some of my carving.

I hope I did this right.

Thanks, Rhome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Edit - Rhome - separated all pics to help display - recommend always add two at least carriage returns between each pic code line :smilez: Chris)

See less See more
#4 ·
Rhome said:
Hi everyone I just thought I'd share some holsters I've made. I've been talking to Mark Garrity and he's been GREAT !! giving me pointers I hope to do him proud, Thanks Mark.

I hope I did this right.

Thanks, Rhome
Hi Gary,
I've always thought your leather goods to be"Top Grade/ Top Notch!"
I especially Love the "Red Purse", but I think It'll clash w/ my P226..! (LOL)
But in all seriousness; great stuff..! :image035:

#13 ·
Howdy!

Your work shows some real promise. (You need to get another stitcher, however.)
As far as stitchers go, the Campbell and Randall/Union Lock are the only games in town. Any of them will set you back about 6 grand. Call me if you're interested - I know of a leasing company that can help you get into one for less than a grand down.
Good luck - you have talent. Now, if you are willing to starve to death for about 10 more years, you'll be all set. :smile:

#18 ·
Gary Brommeland said:
Howdy!

(You need to get another stitcher, however.)
As far as stitchers go, the Campbell and Randall/Union Lock are the only games in town. Any of them will set you back about 6 grand.

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! $6k????!!!!! I guess it's hand stitching for me, forever. I won't be putting $6k on it.

I'll stay amateur if it takes that much $$$$ to get a good machine. Gary B., Do you use a die to cut your patterns out or do you do it by hand. I'm still just winging each of my holsters from scratch but would like to get some sort of pattern going to save on time. Just looking for ideas.

#20 ·
Sorry Rhome, I'll explain the sandals reference:
Our own esteemed Chris (aka P95Carry) posted pics from one of his range trips with the family. Unfortunately for him, he neglected to realize his attire for the day consisted of: T-shirt, cover vest, short pants, SOCKS & BIRCKENSTOCKS!!! :yup: Now, being the supportive group we are, nobody thought to mention it. :lolp: He does carry a nice Sig though!
Jack

#22 ·
The (now infamous) socks & the sandals are Never Going Away Chris. :aargh4:

My gut feeling is that those sandals are going to be eternally rearing their ugly little leather straps.:yup:

We could just ban everyone that mentions the socks & sandals from this point forward and then the topic should eventually just fade out through attrition.:banned:

#23 ·
I was a lucky recipient of some of Rhome's first holsters (Glock 23, Safari Arms .45, and my woosy KelTek P-11); they work as well as they look, and Rhome is actually making a holster for one of our gunsmith's wives from a designer hand bag to match her handbag. Now that takes guts...

John

#25 ·
nice looking holsters.

Watch the guy with socks and sandals...........he may be packing a Sig and know how to use it.

#26 ·
Hey, that is some pretty good stuff ya did there. I am all for new blood, it makes for good competition. What's the lead time on your stuff?

Ti.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.