ok, need to conceal a Beretta 92

This is a discussion on ok, need to conceal a Beretta 92 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have carried a Beretta 21A for years, it is light and easy to conceal, but a little light on the power. So I am ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok, need to conceal a Beretta 92

ok, need to conceal a Beretta 92

I have carried a Beretta 21A for years, it is light and easy to conceal, but a little light on the power.
    So I am considering carrying my Beretta 92. So how do you go about concealing this weapon.
    My normal attire is jeans, t-shirts, so forth. During summer shorts, t-shirt.

Options?

2. Remove Ads

I usually carry a Glock (22 or 27) but have considered a Beretta. If I were to go with the Beretta, I would likely pick up another MTAC since it has worked well for me and the Glocks.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

Be sure to get a good, stiff gun belt too. It makes all the difference in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    I have carried a Beretta 21A for years, it is light and easy to conceal, but a little light on the power.
    So I am considering carrying my Beretta 92. So how do you go about concealing this weapon.
    My normal attire is jeans, t-shirts, so forth. During summer shorts, t-shirt.

Options?
    I don't carry mine often but it conceals well enough under a cover shirt with my Galco Combat Master. I also have a C-Tac for this gun but it's just not comfortable carrying it IWB. The Combat Master snugs up to the body and allows this gun to be concealed well. My Beretta is the Brigadier. Not my first choice for concealed carry but certainly a pleasure to shoot.
    Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

That MTAC is a very nice rig. I like my HBE COM III very much for my Glock 23. I also think Jimmy C4 has a TT OWB and IWB for his 92. It looked to work very well for him as well.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Any good IWB rig should work pretty well, I just made one up for my father in law the other day and really dimensionally it's very similar to a 1911 as far as holster pattern is concerned. When I tested it for him I found the grip of course was thicker but otherwise it carried about like a normal government 1911 would for me. I would say stick with a holster with two fairly wide attachment points because it's a full frame it will distribute the weight much better than a single point. Shouldn't be too tough to find something that will work well.

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Large, heavy gun...
    Tight OWB holster with lots of forward cant will help...anything can be concealed if you work at it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

UPDATE- I bought a P3AT this morning as a carry gun. So I will have the P3AT when I need full concealment, and the 92 when I don't.

My wife and my P3AT is a very good shooter and dependable.

Being able to conceal and having the power to weight and size ratio is very impressive to us.

Good CD ammo makes the 380 a viable choice.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

I have never owned a 92 but I did carry a CZ75 for a while IWB in a Tucker Texas Heritage very successfully. I also carried it OWB in a Tucker HF-1.

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    That MTAC is a very nice rig. I like my HBE COM III very much for my Glock 23. I also think Jimmy C4 has a TT OWB and IWB for his 92. It looked to work very well for him as well.
    Yep, I like the high ride pancake that Tim at TT Gunleather made up for me!

Especially for a high riding holster, you better have a strong belt...Tim set me up well in the belt department as well.

And, yea...do the shark trim!

TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by takurpic View Post
    I usually carry a Glock (22 or 27) but have considered a Beretta. If I were to go with the Beretta, I would likely pick up another MTAC since it has worked well for me and the Glocks.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

Be sure to get a good, stiff gun belt too. It makes all the difference in the world!
    I use the same holster for my Beretta 92. I love the fact I can tuck my shirt in or leave it out. I go to places were I have to wear shirt and tie and an untucked shirt is not an option and looks sloppy.
    Last edited by 007BondJames; January 30th, 2010 at 11:15 AM.

Nothing beats custom leather -- but if you aren't used to concealing that size -- you may want to try something less expensive first to see how it feels before committing to a custom style.

For less than $50 (if you shop around) the Safariland 568 is a strong, well-fitting holster for the 92 which allows you to readjust the cant and positioning from day to day until it feels right for hours at a time. Then when you know where and how the 92 fits you well, you can order custom leather with the same cant and slots (or straps). The 568 becomes a backup holster for the day after you get drenched.

There are less expensive trial holster options, but I've seen a Beretta 96 flop around like a mad catfish in one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Large, heavy gun...
    Tight OWB holster with lots of forward cant will help...anything can be concealed if you work at it.
    IWB 'might' be rather uncomfortable. I can do it but I have a few pair of britches that are a little bigger than I usually wear to 'help' with that.

A quality higher riding pancake style holster paired with a 'true' gunbelt would greatly enhance the concealability of a 92F. For me, any holster that keeps that sidearms butt tight into the body would be perfect.

The 92 is a good gun and worthy of good 'ride'.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I can carry my 92 in an Eagle Defender from K&D. I just cover with a button shirt. There is a pic of it on here somewhere? I'm 5'7" and weigh 150 lbs....
    Tony

Here is a link to that thread, I think??

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-defender.html
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links