M&P40 holster recommendations

This is a discussion on M&P40 holster recommendations within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I recently bought an M&P 40 and know nothing about holsters. My overall goal is to carry concealed as soon as I get my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P40 holster recommendations

M&P40 holster recommendations

So I recently bought an M&P 40 and know nothing about holsters. My overall goal is to carry concealed as soon as I get my carry permit. I'd like to carry at the waist and am left eye dominant but have always shot rifles right handed. Any recommendations?

2. Remove Ads

Look here.

Pure Kustom Inc
    Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    IWB or OWB, and what is your normal attire?
    Do you plan to change your attire to conceal a firearm and if so how much?
    Think of your normal day to day activities and what might work out best for you.
    I dress casual and didn't have to make many changes in my normal clothing other than checking the length of my cover shirts. I carry OWB almost always. Winter I wear jeans and a sweatshirt, sometimes with an undershirt for warmth, summer is shorts and T-shirt weather. On rare occasions I will use a smart carry holster in the summer months if I'm not wearing something with beltloops.
    My 1911 and my snubbie ride in Desantis scabbard style holsters, my L- frame revolver is carried in a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    I'm right handed and left eye dominate. Go with works the best for you. But I also make left handed holsters.

Thanks ZRT600

Quote Originally Posted by ZRT600 View Post
    Look here.

Pure Kustom Inc
    + 1
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

Quote Originally Posted by RunawayGun View Post
    So I recently bought an M&P 40 and know nothing about holsters. My overall goal is to carry concealed as soon as I get my carry permit. I'd like to carry at the waist and am left eye dominant but have always shot rifles right handed. Any recommendations?
    I carry a M&P 40 12 to 14 hrs a day. I only use a Crossbreed Supertuck. It is the most comfortable holster I have worn. Other have their favorites, just offering what has worked for me.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

+2 Pure Kustom.

Go with the best off the bat and you wont regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    IWB or OWB, and what is your normal attire?
    Do you plan to change your attire to conceal a firearm and if so how much?
    Think of your normal day to day activities and what might work out best for you.
    I dress casual and didn't have to make many changes in my normal clothing other than checking the length of my cover shirts. I carry OWB almost always. Winter I wear jeans and a sweatshirt, sometimes with an undershirt for warmth, summer is shorts and T-shirt weather. On rare occasions I will use a smart carry holster in the summer months if I'm not wearing something with beltloops.
    My 1911 and my snubbie ride in Desantis scabbard style holsters, my L- frame revolver is carried in a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster.
    Thanks for the reply. I dress casual so I don't think I'll need to change wardrobe. I guess I'd rather get something inside the belt just to be sure it stays hidden. Comfort is a plus but I'm not picky. I'll check out some of the ones you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    I'm right handed and left eye dominate. Go with works the best for you. But I also make left handed holsters.

Thanks ZRT600
    See, I'm left handed left eye dominant but I've never shot with pistols much. Do you think using my right eye would hurt my accuracy? If I quick draw with right hand sometimes I try to aim with my left eye.

Quote Originally Posted by drjavelina View Post
    I carry a M&P 40 12 to 14 hrs a day. I only use a Crossbreed Supertuck. It is the most comfortable holster I have worn. Other have their favorites, just offering what has worked for me.
    Thanks for your input I'll check out the Crossbreed for sure.

Wow I think I'm getting information overload here. How do you guys feel about nylon as opposed to leather or hard case? It seems like some of the larger holsters might get kind of hot?

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    +1 for the crossbreed. I've been carrying my M&P40c in one for 2+ years and I've never had cause for complaint.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

I first purchased the Crossbreed Supertuck. The Supertuck is a very comfortable and functional holster. You can't go wrong with it.

I just purchased a Black Ops Pro from Rocky at Pure Kustom. I have had it for 1 week and I will be writing a review soon. This is a very versatile holster that can be work inside the waste band 27 different ways or outside the waste band. This holster if very nice and also very comfortable.

Although I love my Supertuck, I haven't used it since I bought the Pure Kustom. If I had to do it over again I would have just went straight to the Pure Kustom (not taking anything away from the supertuck. I am having a hard time deciding whether I should sell it. Thats how much I like it).
    The way I look at it is do you want a comfortable and functional holster that isn't the nicest looking thing (Supertuck) or do you want a holster that functions as two holsters, is also comfortable, and every time I look at it I say to myself DAMN that is a nice holster.

Here is a picture of my holsters.
    Last edited by joepa150; January 28th, 2010 at 10:10 PM.

Well the supertuck looks awesome but it has a pretty large surface area. I'm not sure if I should go with it or a smaller holster. If the custom is more versatile than it seems like smaller= better but comfort is important for extended use

Quote Originally Posted by RunawayGun View Post
    Well the supertuck looks awesome but it has a pretty large surface area. I'm not sure if I should go with it or a smaller holster. If the custom is more versatile than it seems like smaller= better but comfort is important for extended use
    Don't get me wrong. I personally don't think the Supertuck looks that bad. I just rather have all leather, and I think the Black Ops looks awesome.

I can wear both all day without a problem. Especially since they both are adjustable, you can find the most comfortable position.

I carry my M&P 40c in either my The Slide or Double Clip. I love my M&P and the 40 recoil is very tame with the great ergonomics.

I have in stock a The Slide OWB pancake style holster left handed and Double Snap IWB right handed.

Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters - The Slide

Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holster - Double Snap
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I personally don't think the Supertuck looks that bad. I just rather have all leather, and I think the Black Ops looks awesome.

I can wear both all day without a problem. Especially since they both are adjustable, you can find the most comfortable position.
    Yeah I didn't word that very well. I meant the Supertuck sounds awesome by what I've been reading. The Black Ops beats the supertuck hands down as far as looks go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links