uncle mikes holster

uncle mikes holster

This is a discussion on uncle mikes holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any thought or reviews on them i bought one so far really like it for OC but its rather bulky but has a magazine pouch ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

uncle mikes holster

Any thought or reviews on them i bought one so far really like it for OC but its rather bulky but has a magazine pouch on the front of it which i like and has i nice steel clip for the belt just want some other thoughts if any on retention and if it will hold up.

I have a belt OWB one for my Beretta 21a. Seems ok, has lasted several years. Limited use on anything bigger for concealment though.

I agree. I plan on mainly using it on my property got hogs, some wild dogs and though never seen it have found what looks like cougar tracks. Funny story the gun counter guy at academy said it could be used as a IWB holster i had to bite my toungue not to laugh at him i guess if i bought 4 size to big jeans then possibly

I always buy one when I get a new gun, if I don't already have a holster that fits. They are great for storing gun and spare mag together in the safe.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Cheap and to the point. I have a pocket carry Mikes that I "revised" using thin bicycle tubing along the bottom that sticks out a bit on each side and then covered with some sticky tape that is used on tennis rackets. Also glued several pieces near the top for a "thumb push". Got a real thumb push holster but my Mikes invention actually works better in larger pockets because it does not move around. Good all around cheapo--you can replace it every several years and it will still take 20 years to expend the monies for a supposedly "great and good looking" holster. Always wondered why people spend big bucks for holster looks that end up in your pants? I guess "to each his own"

i got one of thier pocket holster ($12.00). works just as good and better than the high dollar pocket holsters.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I carried a keltec in an uncle mikes IWB. It's cheap but it was comfortable and it did the job. I rarely carry a keltec anymore but when I do I use a crossbreed mini-tuck now.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Administrator
    uncle mikes holster

Keep on holster shopping - you can do lots better.

I have one that fits most of my handguns,I use it to transport guns to the range sometimes,The holsters do not retain guns very well and I believe that in some explosive restroom situations this type of holster may have been involved
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Unc Mikes. A good holster to keep for the range.
    There are many holsters these days that conceal much better and pull the firearm in closer...especially for OWB carry.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I bought several of these on closeout. There was a bunch stuck in a box and I had no idea what they fit. However they were cheap and when I purchased a pistol I would sort thru them for one that would fit, for range duty "ONLY"!!!
    It is nice to have something to stick your pistol in while loading mags, fixing targets ect.....
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    uncle mikes holster

Keep on holster shopping - you can do lots better.

What he said...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I carry my officers in an $8 IWB uncle mikes that I purchased 5+ years ago. It is the best holster I have for CC.

I bought the left hand version so I can wear it on my back and access it with my right hand.
    Due to it's content the posting above should not have been read by anyone.

It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
    --[William Ralph Inge(1860-1954)]

VIP Member
    I have an UM pocket holster, with a square bottom, that serves me well. Other than that I have a couple that I use out in the field for hiking, hunting, etc... when I don't want to mess up a quality leather holster...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    when I think of an uncle mikes holster.... the term "better then nothing" comes to mind.

For small guns uncle mike's IWB and pocket holsters do alright but for large heavy guns.... not so much. The only UM holster I still CCW with is the vertical shoulder holster for my 8.5" N frame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links