Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro Review

This is a discussion on Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dont listen to me no problem, but your wrong. Do some research and call Milt Sparks, TT, Raven or any others for their opinion. Didnt ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro Review

Dont listen to me no problem, but your wrong. Do some research and call Milt Sparks, TT, Raven or any others for their opinion.

Didnt mean to touch a nerve here but this isnt my opinion its a well known fact if you are actually serious about training.

2. Remove Ads

I'm on a Velcro budget, but one day I would love to own something as fine as what you have there...beautiful!
    Peace through superior firepower
    making our world a safer place ...

Taurus 24/7 OSS 9MM
    Millennium PT-140
    Mossberg 12 Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1911 View Post
    Dont listen to me no problem, but your wrong. Do some research and call Milt Sparks, TT, Raven or any others for their opinion.

Didnt mean to touch a nerve here but this isnt my opinion its a well known fact if you are actually serious about training.
    And you can tell all this from just a picture ?? :facepalm:

You're "that guy". You're the know-it-all dude, that everyone finds annoying.

You see, I actually wear a Black Ops & a Black Ops Pro. I have not seen, or experienced this mag issue you speak of , nor has anyone else (if you have, speak up). But, being "know-it-all guy", you'll keep this thread hijack going.......

joepa150, very nicely detailed product review! I'm glad you like your new rig. You have an appreciation for good quality.

Rocky, A#1 job on that holster buddy. Seems you just can't disappoint your customers! Awesome rig! You are truly an artist with leather!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

No troll here. I think your holsters and leather talent are amazing.

The only thing I would change is to not have the leather over the mag release.This is well known and looking at all the top holster makers this is not something they do. Glocks mag releases are not like a 1911 and any pressure on that catch will drop the mag. I even have to down load my mags by 1 so there isnt too much pressure on the catch or mag springs when carrying +1.

No disrespect at all but with something so minor I cant see why a simple cut out wouldnt put you in with the big holster makers. This fact isnt arguable in the least since too many functions are taken away when the mag catch is covered as well as the risk of it engaging the mag when worn IWB.
    Ever wear one of Rocky's masterpieces?
    I do. It is flawless, as is. Period.

If the mag is dropping too easily, fix the mag release.

I cannot for the life of me understand what functions are taken away by the mag release being covered.
    The gun is holstered for a reason, so things don't get fiddled with until it is removed from the holster.

Sounds like you need to start making your own holsters to suit your needs.

JMHO

joepa150 - Welcome to the Pure Kustom club! Rocky's holsters only get better with wear. I am really aching to get one for my 24/7.
    I have the Supertuck for my 24/7, but after wearing my 1911 in a Black Ops, I have to put my 24/7 in a Black Ops Pro.
    The only thing better than Rocky's holsters is buying one from him. It is an honor doing business with him!

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

I am an instructor in self-defense and defensive handgun among other courses. No, not just an instructor, but the HEAD instructor at a very reputable range and ranges through out much of the state. I train DAILY! Let me tell you, if you want a top quality holster with NO malfunctions, go with the Pure Kustom.

No disrespect at all but with something so minor I cant see why a simple cut out wouldnt put you in with the big holster makers. This fact isnt arguable in the least since too many functions are taken away when the mag catch is covered as well as the risk of it engaging the mag when worn IWB.

No disrespect? You are making a false assumption on something you know little about. That is disrespect to me.

I wear my Black Ops Pro with an EXTENDED mag release all day everyday, either IWB or OWB depending on weather. No problems. Next time, do some actual research before posting. Dont just look at a picture and think: "That wont work, I have had other inferior holsters that this happens so it must happen to all that are like this."

Ever hear the term: Dont knock it until you try it??

Now, if your firearm does this in pretty much ANY holster, fix your gun. You have a worn out mag catch.

I have had SEVERAL (way too many) holsters from different makers and manufactures over the years. Most were good, but NONE have ever done this to me, especially from a custom maker. Common, give credit where credit is due. Do you think Rocky would put his name on something that would be flawed???

A Humble Request for Brian1911

Brian1911...

I think your point has been made and seen by everyone here, including any and all holster manufacturer's who may happen to be members of this forum.

Everyone has seen your posts and know exactly what you are talking about.

If the manufacturers of holsters feel they should or should not modify any of their designs, it's their business and they will do so after careful consideration and research.

I think it's time to drop this issue and Drive On! Move on to something else or risk being thought of as nothing more than a troll and wearing out your welcome.

You are entitled to your opinion, you've stated it along with your reasons for having that opinion, and it's been acknowledged. Time for a new topic.

We have a fee market capitalistic society. At least what's left of one, and for the time being. You are free to purchase goods from any manufacturer you wish and not buy from those you do not wish.

Lets leave it at that. Okay?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Getting back on track. ++1,000 on everything positive said about the Black Ops Pro. Great review by the OP. I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. Wearing it right now with my CBOB and I LOVE THIS HOLSTER! I had to drool over it for a week before I could get an acceptable belt. As or More comfortable than my Supertuck...far far more adjustable. I promise to get pics up soon...sorry, Rocky, for the delay on pics.

Lead Moderator
    I've been following this "stink" about leather covering the mag release, and I just thought I'd toss a small bone in the thread that will (may) bring it to closure. So I did what I consider a short, hopefully unbiased test

First I went through my mag draw, and yes, my Black Ops holster is the only one that (partially) covers the mag release. So that is a point of truth, and I'll admit, I never noticed that before, I just made sure my holsters covered the trigger!

Anyhow then I put my SIG P239 in it's "Rocky" holster, yes the mag release is mostly covered. So while holstered, I tried to release the mag in every way I could think of... COULDN'T DO IT!! Not even by pressing on the holster right outside the release (with the holster off, direct 90 degree pressure).

So to me with my holster and my weapon this whole argument is a non-problem, and I look forward to years of use from Rocky's holster, and if I ever get that SIG 238 SAS, Rocky will be hearing from me.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Well, I called Rocky yesterday morning and ordered my PK BOP holster, customized with a Troopers Head (I'm a retired Trooper). I spoke with Rocky for about 30 minutes and it turns out that we have both had a hard bump in the road of life. After talking with Rocky and listening to each other's issues, Rocky advised that he would put a lightning bolt next to the Troopers Head to make the holster my own. I was retired from the Delaware State Police after being struck by lightning. Rocky is a great individual and it is a pleasure doing business with him. I consider Rocky a friend of mine, and I am better for this interaction.

Dave M.

I enjoyed talking with Rocky also when I ordered my holster. Great guy with a great product.

Ditto on the phone conversation during ordering. Great guy and a pleasure to do business with. BTW, I too tried to release my mag with the gun in the holster. It's IMPOSSIBLE. Maybe with other holsters it could be a problem, but not with these. The leather is too stiff...again two thumbs up to Rocky and his work!!

Distinguished Member Array maxwell's Avatar
    Good review
    THE ONLY LOVE THAT MONEY CAN BUY IS A DOG

I just ordered a Crossbreed for my PPS, my first IWB, but now thinking I should get one of these for my 1911 so I can switch between OWB and IWB.....does it really do both good? I am sometimes leery of something that does "double duty".....
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links