Feedback From Users Please

This is a discussion on Feedback From Users Please within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm considering buying a Milt Sparks "Watch Six" or "Versa Max 2". I'd be interested in feedback about these products from anyone who has carried ...

Thread: Feedback From Users Please

I'm considering buying a Milt Sparks "Watch Six" or "Versa Max 2". I'd be interested in feedback about these products from anyone who has carried with them.

Oh, and the tuckable feature of the Versa Max 2 is not a factor; whichever holster I buy, I'll simply use as a standard IWB.

I've got a Milt Sparks OWB, the 55 BN, and am very impressed with the quality, hence I'll likely stay with them for IWB.

Well, let me know what you found with these products...THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC
    I'm considering buying a Milt Sparks "Watch Six" or "Versa Max 2". I'd be interested in feedback about these products from anyone who has carried with them.
    I have carried my 1911 in both.
    The only real difference is the Versa Max II mouth will not collapse.

The Watch Six is less expensive and a little thinner. On a comfort scale of 1-10 I would give it a 10.
    The Versa Max II has a reinforced mouth. This becomes a big deal if you do alot of rangework with your holster. On the same comfort scale, the VM II gets a 9.5.

I initially planned to carry with the Watch Six, and train with the Versa Max II. I ended up selling the Watch Six because it did not do anything better than the VM II.

Good luck.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

The VM2 is an excellent IWB holster. You can't go wrong with one.

Lead Moderator
    Most folks who have tried the VM II swear by it. The worst thing about it is the length of time it takes to get it if you order directly.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I have carried my 1911 in both.
    The only real difference is the Versa Max II mouth will not collapse.
    I agree. I've had both but now only have the VMII. It's next to impossible to reholster in a W6 without removing the holster or unbuttoning your trousers.

I love my VMII. Absolutely great holster.

VMII is great. Can't say enough good about it. Absolutely stable, it doesn't shift around at all.

Thanks for the info...it looks like I can't go wrong with the VM2. I'm still considering the Watch Six, though, since re-holstering should not be an issue. I have a Milt Sparks 55 BN that I'll continue to use for range work.

Kevin...that's a sharp VM2, the shark trim and loops add a class look. My 55 BN is black horsehide with shark trim and has a nice appearance. Even though it's about function, I love good looking leather work!

It might not be the case for you, but I carry everyday. Some days I have to go in my daughters school or the post office and thats when the re-holstering really is handy. If I have to draw my gun only - I won't care about re-holstering at that point!

I've carried my Wilson Professional in a VM2 for almost a year with great results. I never thought IWB carry could be so comfortable. The one handed reholstering aspect is also a plus.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I sold my WS for an AKJ Concealco IWB. It's got a strange front loop; mounting is 90* to the other (rear) loop. That allows the holster to pull the gun in tighter to the body. And it's a one-hand reholster. I'll never use a Sparks again so long as I have an AKJ.

Sponsored Links