OWB carry Sig P229r?

OWB carry Sig P229r?

This is a discussion on OWB carry Sig P229r? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm ordering a Sig P229r next week and plan on carrying it OWB. My question is for those who carry OWB during the summer. What ...

Thread: OWB carry Sig P229r?

OWB carry Sig P229r?

I'm ordering a Sig P229r next week and plan on carrying it OWB. My question is for those who carry OWB during the summer. What type of cover garment do you use? Is it going to be nearly impossible to OWB carry this gun without printing during the warmer months?

Summer months, if I carry the Sig, it's almost always IWB with a Minotaur from Comptac.

I'm a large man and the P229 OWB in the warmer months is tough to hide and still be "active". It can be done however, the only way I find that works well for me is with a quality kydex holster, (slimmer than leather), that stays tight to the body and with a very large short sleeved shirt from a local big/tall shop. Same style as the gawdy "look at me" Hawaiian shirts some wear. Just not in those color/patterns.

I know, I know, they help with printing, but I'll be danged if I'll be caught wearing one of those grotesque things.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I just bought a 229 and made an OWB leather holster for it with about a 30 degree forward cant which helps hide the gun under a T-shirt,darker colors hide better,I live in South texas where we have 10 month summers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Rich219 View Post
    I'm ordering a Sig P229r next week and plan on carrying it OWB. My question is for those who carry OWB during the summer. What type of cover garment do you use? Is it going to be nearly impossible to OWB carry this gun without printing during the warmer months?
    My wife helps me pick out and "model" camp shirts to assess how they cover and if there is any printing. Some aren't cut as ample as others, so that's how we have to pick them.

Here's an example of the type of shirt: Camp Shirts, Mens Camp Shirts, Men's Camp Shirts | ClothingWarehouse.com

Like you will be soon, I carry a SIG P229 OWB.

When I CCed a 229r I carried in a BlackHawk Serpa with a button up shirt as a cover garment. The button up shirt would be worn over a t-shirt untucked and unbuttoned.
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

Sponsored Links