Beltman Belts

This is a discussion on Beltman Belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have a galco cop belt but I have lost a good amount of weight since I bought it and it's starting to get ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beltman Belts

Beltman Belts

I currently have a galco cop belt but I have lost a good amount of weight since I bought it and it's starting to get a bit large. The beltmans seem to get rave rewviews around here so I will probably go with one of those. I do have one question however. Do most people get the Internal Stiffiner option?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

I didn't get the stiffiner, my belt holds up great!

VIP Member
    I have two. One is in shark, with the stiffener (it needs it). The other is in horsehide, without the stiffener (it doesn't need it).

You can hang anything on the horsehide, without the stiffener, with no issues. I carry my P7 (heavy piece) on it and it stays put.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    I have two. One is in shark, with the stiffener (it needs it). The other is in horsehide, without the stiffener (it doesn't need it).

You can hang anything on the horsehide, without the stiffener, with no issues. I carry my P7 (heavy piece) on it and it stays put.
    I figured the stiffener wasn't really needed but something in the FAQ made me nervous. It says that if you hang a 2 pound gun on an belt it will sag! Well, my pt145 fully load is about 30 ounces so....
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I figured the stiffener wasn't really needed but something in the FAQ made me nervous. It says that if you hang a 2 pound gun on an belt it will sag! Well, my pt145 fully load is about 30 ounces so....
    If you're getting the horsehide, don't worry about it. My P7 weighs 28 ounces empty. It does sag (duh, it's heavy) but that's just the law of gravity. It's not enough to worry about.

Phone Jim up and chat with him about it. He's very helpful and personable.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I have two one Elephant and one bullhide both have stiffners to me the stiffners are essential.

I have a Beltman horsehide without a stiffener, no stiffener needed. I also have a 1.5" bull hide from Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather without stiffener. So far it is holding up great.

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by dam294 View Post
    I have a Beltman horsehide without a stiffener, no stiffener needed. I also have a 1.5" bull hide from Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather without stiffener. So far it is holding up great.
    +1 on A & G belts. I just received my quick ship belt and it seems to be well made. If you are looking for something fast, less than a week for delivery take a look at A & G. One advantage to A & G over Beltman is that A & G offers different colors on their quickship belts. I believe Beltman only offers their quickship in black.

I have a basic belt from him without stiffeners. I can't imagine needing the stiffeners!

It's the "Quick Ship": http://www.thebeltman.net/quick.htm

Love mine from him. No stiffener in mine.

Are the horse hide belts stiffer then the bull hide belts?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Are the horse hide belts stiffer then the bull hide belts?
    Yep.

Just a thought Rollo, might adding the stiffener make the belt thread through holster loops a little more difficult? I have a Beltman bullhide 1and 1/2 inch without the stiffener and getting it through the loops of my Pure Kustom holster and mag pouch is a little tough the first couple times, especially twisting around while your pants are on! My Kimber Pro Carry rides tight OWB, no sag. Enjoy, friends don't let friends wear department store belts.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I have the bullhide beltman without a stiffener. It holds up GREAT with my 229. It's got a little curve to it now if I hang it straight, but I'd expect that from any belt. My next one will probably have a stiffener or be horsehide.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Two Beltman belts, double-width bullhide, no stiffener and sure don't need it. Belts used regularly for IDPA, so they stand up well to fast and frequent drawing.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links