Most comfortable IWB for G27, J-frame?

This is a discussion on Most comfortable IWB for G27, J-frame? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently carry a G27 Glock in either a Galco tuckable horsehide at about 12:30 or a CompTac Kydex with FBI cant at about 3:30 ...

Thread: Most comfortable IWB for G27, J-frame?

Most comfortable IWB for G27, J-frame?

I currently carry a G27 Glock in either a Galco tuckable horsehide at about 12:30 or a CompTac Kydex with FBI cant at about 3:30 or 4:00. The Galco is by far the most comfortable but I'd like to have a strong side option that doesn't print too badly and yet doesn't dig into the side of my hip after a few hours of sitting in an office chair. It starts out OK in the morning, but by noon I find myself adjusting it every time I stand up.

What I like about it is the fact that it goes on fairly easy and comes off pretty easy too (like when I go to the bathroom). I'm kind of put off by the IWBs that have two J hooks on either end of a holster, but I'm willing to consider anything that is reasonably priced and doesn't take weeks to deliver.

Same question for a new S&W MP 340 Scandium ... what do you recommend for abdomen carry that is simple and comfortable and also something different for strong side carry. I have an Uncle Mikes pocket holster and it's fine for throwing into the car or a pocket that's big enough. I might consider a more substantial pocket holster like a Nemesis or a Fist kydex.

My thinking is this ... for days when I can carry untucked or under a sweatshirt or long-sleeved shirt, I'd rather have the .40 caliber Glock and two times the firepower. On days when I have to tuck in my shirt or dress light, I'd like to carry the Smith. (By the way, I do have a Smart Carry, which has worked well with a 642 that I'm passing along to my wife when the 340 arrives.)

Thanks for your insights and experience.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

2. Remove Ads

I have Crossbreed Supertucks for my .380, 9mm and .40...They are the most comfortable IWB holster I have found.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Which Comp-tac do you have? I have a C-tac for my G23 and my J-frame. I dont sit all day but I have found them very comfortable. I recently made a six hour drive wearing my G23 and never really noticed it. The J-frame C-tac is even better than the Glock.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

My Glock-36 rides in this... FIST, INC. ...easy on/easy off...rides very well. I'd order the body protector with it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Crossbreed. Insead of J-hooks you could use the clips that attach to the inside of your belt with velcro.

Wormy - I have a CompTac Infidel for a G19 that I no longer own. My G27 is carried in a Side Armor IWB for Glock with a tuckable attachment (which I have never used). That's the one that becomes painful after a few hours of wearing at the computer and/or driving my car with the seat belt. It begins to dig into the top of my right cheek, which stays sore for several hours after I take it off.

From a comfort standpoint, the Galco tuckable at 12:30 seems the best, even working at the computer. And, after I drop another 10-15 pounds, it should dig into my gut even less.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a Mr. Softy for the 340PD and just sticking with abdomen carry for both guns. At least I'll always know where to reach. The only time I'll wear at 3:00 or 3:30 will be in a kydex paddle holster when I shoot IDPA or IPSC meets ... and if I find a nice vest that doesn't make me look too much like a 'contractor' who happens to have a CCW underneath.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

Links