Concealed shoulder holster for M&P Compact .40?

This is a discussion on Concealed shoulder holster for M&P Compact .40? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got the Triple K holster in, unpacked it and assembled it. First impression- Not bad at all for the price, decent quality leather and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed shoulder holster for M&P Compact .40?

I got the Triple K holster in, unpacked it and assembled it.

First impression- Not bad at all for the price, decent quality leather and stitching on the holster and mag pouch, good quality suede for the harness. All brass fittings. I tried my magazines and pistol in it and they fit just fine. It is not molded for specific guns, so it will take some work to get it broken in.
    I will do a full review when I get a chance to fit it and wear it a little.

2. Remove Ads

Proper gunbelt ?

I take it you are using a quality, double leather + internal stiffener GUNbelt, (beltman, 5.11 tactical etc) not just some leather belt from JCPenny ?

90% of the problems people have with IWB is due to a floppy belt. With a rigid belt you don't have to tighten it too tight, yet it will hold your holster+mags steady like a turret ring around your waist.

lapolicegear.com have a clearance on 5.11 stiffened belts for $7.99 or something - well worth a punt before you shell out for a shoulder rig IMO.

It's a very rigid belt, which is half the problem. I don't have much around the hips to pad and it tends to dig into the bone on either side.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    I am curious as it does not show any connection between gun holster & pants belt to keep it from "flapping"?
    Unless I'm out on the trampoline, I have never had this problem with this style of rig.

Granted if I'm carrying a single stack weapon, (1911), I usually have a tie down on the mag side, just because the weapon is usually heavier than the 2 loaded mags and has a tendency to shift to the weapon side. But if I have my Taurus 92 or my P229, the higher cap mags balance the rig perfectly and no shifting.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I use a Miami Classic only on select occasions and wear it rarely. I never wear a belt/tie down with it. The loaded gun (G23) and magazines (2) are heavy enough to keep it from flopping around. Caveat: I've never busted into a full sprint while wearing it or anything.

OP: is it also a new belt? They break in a little over time. The discomfort that you describe may disappear after you wear it a little more.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    Unless I'm out on the trampoline, I have never had this problem with this style of rig.

Granted if I'm carrying a single stack weapon, (1911), I usually have a tie down on the mag side, just because the weapon is usually heavier than the 2 loaded mags and has a tendency to shift to the weapon side. But if I have my Taurus 92 or my P229, the higher cap mags balance the rig perfectly and no shifting.
    If you bend at the waist wouldn't the gun have a tendency to "fall" forward if not secured?
    I have never worn a shoulder holster & always been curious about situations such as this.

Thanks,

- Cam
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

If you bend at the waist wouldn't the gun have a tendency to "fall" forward if not secured?
    I have never worn a shoulder holster & always been curious about situations such as this.

Thanks,

- Cam
    I wouldn't think so. The strap going under your arm should prevent that. I'd think the only way it'd really be visible would be if you leaned pretty far to the right or left.

And I've had the belt for a month and a half or so, but I wear it every day so I'd figure it'd be broken in by now.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thanks,

- Cam
    It does somewhat and that is the only complaint I have of this rig. However, my cover garment can usually mask it, except for someone in the perfect spot, so to speak.

Also this is why I previously posted a link to the Andrews Monarch rig. It eliminates this one fau paux.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

It does somewhat and that is the only complaint I have of this rig. However, my cover garment can usually mask it, except for someone in the perfect spot, so to speak.

Also this is why I previously posted a link to the Andrews Monarch rig. It eliminates this one fau paux.
    That Monarch looks perfect! Thanks for the link, bookmarked for when I'm feeling flush.

Thank you....
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links