Jnd comfort carry holster vs Kholster crescent

This is a discussion on Jnd comfort carry holster vs Kholster crescent within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would really like to hear from somebody who has experience with JND holsters out of Mo. The makers name is Rob Durham. They offer ...

Thread: Jnd comfort carry holster vs Kholster crescent

I would really like to hear from somebody who has experience with JND holsters out of Mo. The makers name is Rob Durham. They offer a nice looking holster for $50.00 shipped. Also looking at Kholsters stuff.

Here is the link check them out

http://www.jndtactical.com/ut.

looks like another crossbreed to me.

Excellent information. I guess you could say that the Crossbreed looks like another Tucker to me.

I think that no matter who makes a holster you can find bits of the design which will cross over and look like another makers gear. I don't know who said it but there are only so many ways to fold and sew a piece of leather. Same applies to all holster making.

Tucker to the best of my knowledge made the first hybrid but everybody after that just took the basic idea and ran with it, since there were multiple holsters on the market before anyone tried to get any patents it's my understanding that no one can at this point. They can try to patent some thing they did different than anyone else(which I believe is what crossbreed is doing with their patent pending, but I haven't read the patents nor am I good at that sort of thing).

Either way just calling somebody's holsters a copy isn't necessarily true especially when the person they are copying wasn't the first game in town so to speak.

Just my 2 cents on the topic.

Luke

didn't mean anything by that statement really.
    just that there is so many of the same.but different

Looks closer to a crossbreed than a kholster. The kholster doesn't look as finished as the other two but it is comfortable. Jnd and kholster both come with a lifetime warranty, not sure about crossbreed. Kholster warrants their products even if you modify their holster.

I have a kholster and like it quite a bit, I am however waiting for a Raven Concealment so that I can switch between owb and iwb more easily. I also own a HNH Bare Asset and I like the kholster much more. The two clips of the holster support the weapon much better than the one of the bare asset.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Kholster for the win. Maybe I'm the exception, but I really don't care what a holster looks like. I carry concealed.

Fancy holsters remind me of pretty underwear, who knows you have them on?

I have to agree with you there bubba that's always been my standpoint in the past but as I made holsters for myself I realized I could have both:) Now I will carry in something that I don't find "pretty" but I have to admit that I prefer my fancier IWB rigs even if no one else is seeing them:) Granted there isn't a disparity in comfort between the two otherwise I would carry in the one that is more comfortable first and foremost, but nothing says gear can't be pretty also:)

Luke

RPB
    I prefer the natural color of Kholsters, they match my skin color better.

However, I've been looking for a Glock 19 with crimson trace holster, as well as some other pistols I have with addons in that style .... thanks

Maybe I can bleach the dye out ...

I found a poster on here that ordered a JND. I asked him for an update after he gets his. I will pass along any info I get. On that same forum there was a guy that bought one from him and he was able to have it made to accomodate his accessories. He was quite happy with the quality and service.

I have a Kholster (lh) and a CrossBred (rh) for my M&P45c, love both of them

Sponsored Links